Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: My Web ATM = garbage

[ QUOTE ]
1. You sign up, filling out a fairly weird looking form that doesn't look like it's a secure page but actually is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do not see the lock on your browser then the information is absolutely NOT encrypted on it's travels from your browser to the server.

The server may have adequate security but the information getting from here to there is NOT secure.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. You sign up, filling out a fairly weird looking form that doesn't look like it's a secure page but actually is.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do not see the lock on your browser then the information is absolutely NOT encrypted on it's travels from your browser to the server.

The server may have adequate security but the information getting from here to there is NOT secure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not true if the form is an inline frame that is transmitted via SSL
Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 PM

dude is right, I stand corrected.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely not the payment processor expert around here, but I asked around and as I understand it, this is the process:

2. A random micro credit is posted to your bank account. This is a one time event and takes a business day or two to come through.

3. You log back in and verify the amount of the micro payment.

4. Once the account is verified, your deposit amount is processed from your bank account.

5. Once the funds have been cleared from the bank to MyWebATM, your account is credited. This can take up to 3 banking business days (but hopefully shorter).

6. Only then is the account number generated. As soon as that happens, you can begin to use it (and after creating your 3 digit TAV code by clicking "change TAV" on the left hand nav, you can deposit to FTP).

7. Shortly after all of that, the physical card is generated and sent out. This has no bearing on using it online, it just matters if you want to use it at the ATM or whatever.

The site itself still looks a bit confusing and I don't much like the navigation (I think the top nav logs you out if you've logged in and the left nav is the stuff you want), but I do know that they're working on improving all of that.

Really sorry for any confusion you've had to go through with it, Allen, but hopefully once your deposit goes through and your account number is generated, it'll become clear how it works.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the clarification. The site is poorly designed to explain anything and so is Full Tilt step-by-step. I think you can explain it much better then current FTP info.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it wasn't all that difficult for most people to understand. I think you are the root of many of the problems in this thread my friend. I'm not sure what you expect from a payment processor, but the initial sign up and deposit will always be the transactions that take the longest.

Just as you may be skeptical of them, they also are skeptical of you and require a track history - even if it is only one transaction - to establish a level of trust. You're moving money around, it isn't going to happen instantly unless they are sure you are safe.

Furthermore, your statement that their verification survey was bogus actually made me laugh out loud. Are you so unfamiliar with your credit history/report to not know when items are being pulled off of it? They ask you questions based on information they get from your credit report such as what accounts you have open and how much you pay on those accounts. You think what they asked you was bogus because you apparently failed to realize that you were being asked about your accounts. That right there spelled out just how much credibility you lacked. If you don't know enough to recognize your own credit history, why should I listen to your opinion of a financial site?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely not the payment processor expert around here, but I asked around and as I understand it, this is the process:

2. A random micro credit is posted to your bank account. This is a one time event and takes a business day or two to come through.

4. Once the account is verified, your deposit amount is processed from your bank account.

5. Once the funds have been cleared from the bank to MyWebATM, your account is credited. This can take up to 3 banking business days (but hopefully shorter).

6. Only then is the account number generated. As soon as that happens, you can begin to use it (and after creating your 3 digit TAV code by clicking "change TAV" on the left hand nav, you can deposit to FTP).

7. Shortly after all of that, the physical card is generated and sent out. This has no bearing on using it online, it just matters if you want to use it at the ATM or whatever.

The site itself still looks a bit confusing and I don't much like the navigation (I think the top nav logs you out if you've logged in and the left nav is the stuff you want), but I do know that they're working on improving all of that.

Really sorry for any confusion you've had to go through with it, Allen, but hopefully once your deposit goes through and your account number is generated, it'll become clear how it works.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the clarification. The site is poorly designed to explain anything and so is Full Tilt step-by-step. I think you can explain it much better then current FTP info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it wasn't all that difficult for most people to understand. I think you are the root of many of the problems in this thread my friend. I'm not sure what you expect from a payment processor, but the initial sign up and deposit will always be the transactions that take the longest.

Just as you may be skeptical of them, they also are skeptical of you and require a track history - even if it is only one transaction - to establish a level of trust. You're moving money around, it isn't going to happen instantly unless they are sure you are safe.

Furthermore, your statement that their verification survey was bogus actually made me laugh out loud. Are you so unfamiliar with your credit history/report to not know when items are being pulled off of it? They ask you questions based on information they get from your credit report such as what accounts you have open and how much you pay on those accounts. You think what they asked you was bogus because you apparently failed to realize that you were being asked about your accounts. That right there spelled out just how much credibility you lacked. If you don't know enough to recognize your own credit history, why should I listen to your opinion of a financial site?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you think it is normal for a financial site not to have current transaction history? A deposit confirmation e-mail? Not have a support number? Not have an e-mail address that is checked and responded? But it is ok to instantly debit my account and fail to answer any questions I have...get a clue.

They were asking me questions that did not in ANY WAY pertain to my credit history. I am well aware of my credit history and loans, credit lines opened to my name. You have failed to realize that I had to answer “None of the above” to EVERY question they have asked me, because none of the questions asked were pertaining to me. They were talking about people I never knew, loans I never had, credit lines I never had. I have credit monitoring and am WELL AWARE of my credit activity. I have taken MANY credit/identity tests and questions actually mentioned my family members, payment amounts, loans I had, credit lines I was using. Maybe you should pay attention next time.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: My Web ATM = worked just fine for me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you think it is normal for a financial site not to have current transaction history? A deposit confirmation e-mail? Not have a support number? Not have an e-mail address that is checked and responded? But it is ok to instantly debit my account and fail to answer any questions I have...get a clue.

They were asking me questions that did not in ANY WAY pertain to my credit history. I am well aware of my credit history and loans, credit lines opened to my name. You have failed to realize that I had to answer “None of the above” to EVERY question they have asked me, because none of the questions asked were pertaining to me. They were talking about people I never knew, loans I never had, credit lines I never had. I have credit monitoring and am WELL AWARE of my credit activity. I have taken MANY credit/identity tests and questions actually mentioned my family members, payment amounts, loans I had, credit lines I was using. Maybe you should pay attention next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just signed up on MyWebATM and IMO everything was fairly straightforward. All of my credit questions were perfectly relevant. It took a total of 4 days from sign-up until I could use my funds.

They do have a support e-mail listed prominently on the web-page. I sent an e-mail that was responded to within 2 hours and I was told that once an account is established they provide you with a 24-hour customer support line. Think about it - this place just started up to fill a vacuum of payment processors. They'd have to be paying 20 people to just sit there and answer calls from irate, impatient, irrational people who haven't taken the time to follow instructions.

Maybe you should check your credit history with equifax et. al. - if you didn't recognize the questions there may be suspicious activity you should look into.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, do you think it is normal for a financial site not to have current transaction history? A deposit confirmation e-mail? Not have a support number? Not have an e-mail address that is checked and responded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I have a transaction list. And even thought I processed my debit on Monday from my account, it still hasn't hit my bank account. You probably want to look up the actual meaning of instant. Unless you were using a debit/credit card it woudn't be instant.

Here's your contact number :

Section 1: CONTACT INFORMATION

Tell us IMMEDIATELY if your card has been lost or stolen. If you believe your Card has been lost or stolen or that someone has accessed or may access money from your Card Account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed below. Call us toll free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-746-7246 or International +818-742-2120.

[ QUOTE ]
But it is ok to instantly debit my account and fail to answer any questions I have...get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else get a none of the above question?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it is ok to instantly debit my account and fail to answer any questions I have...get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is...they are going to debit my account $200 in next 24 hours, but the card won't be here for another 2-3 weeks. It is ludacris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 PM

You cannot speak with anyone unless you have a card number, which I do not have and won't have until the card arrives. I have tried calling that number. And I have verified my account on Monday, Tuesday morning a Debit of $212.87 occurred from ONCALDERA XXXXXXXX.

You have a transaction list? What does it show?

"There are no cards to report transactions." - very useful.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM

They have another number on that page that I just tried calling and I got a guy at an "administrative ofice" not associated with MyWebATM who said he's gotten a lot of phone calls for people.

I still think Allen is an idiot, but I'm not so confident in MyWebATM either. I feel like Rick Morranis in Spaceballs.