Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: The Grouch with Elevens on the Button

i would have called them pocket ones.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:25 PM

*grunch*

I originally misread this hand as MP3 bets into Hero (only 1 bet to you) and had composed a response suggesting that it was probably a good laydown on that information alone, assuming your stat read of MP3 is valid. I could see this fellow showing down JJ (since he only raises AA/KK PF) or 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (since he probably plays any 2 suited and any ace). The only hands he can have that you'd be beating, QQ / top pair (with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), are hands he probably wouldn't bet given his aggression. This is never a "buying the button" raise. Even against these beatable hands you're ~30%-%40 equity and you've still got two players to act behind you who could be slowplaying.

After re-reading the post and seeing that the action goes bet, RAISE to you... well, your cards should be beating the chips into the pot.

nh
Old 09-23-2006, 12:33 PM

Good fold. But I probably see the turn in the hopes of hitting one of my runner runner straight flush outs.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold. But I probably see the turn in the hopes of hitting one of my runner runner straight flush outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm rooting for running quads. will settle for boat.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:59 PM

raise to semi-bluff into runner runner boat like a good player
Old 09-25-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing when to lay down bullets is a sign of a maturing poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is applicable to limit since you lay down aces almost never. Although I admit this is one of the situations where you should muck them.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a joke:

Guy is driving to work in the morning, hears a voice in his head. Voice whispers "Quit your job. Sell your house. Take all your money to Vegas."

Guy ignores it, same thing happens again the next day. Driving to work, voice in the head: "Quit your job. Sell your house. Take all your money to Vegas."

Guy ignores it again, but hears the whisper a third time the next day. So he does it. He quits his job. Sells his house. Takes all his money to Vegas.

When he lands at McCarran, voice whispers in his head: "Go to the Rio. Check in. Buy-in to the WSOP Main Event."

He does just that. Gets his seat assignment and sits down. Shuffle up and deal, first day of action. He folds a few hands.

Then he picks up A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in early position. Voice whispers in his head: "Go all in!"

He pushes (overbetting the pot 200x the BB). He gets called in 3 places. The flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Voice in his head goes, "Oh crap."

[/ QUOTE ]

that [censored] is funny
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM

btw good fold, very standard