Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 AM

Default AA: yummy... now let me puke ($2/$4)

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$2/$4 Blinds
7 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $400
BB: $81.90
UTG: $261
<font color="black">UTG+1: $741.80</font>
<font color="green">MP: $406</font>
CO: $373.50
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $443.10</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6, 7 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $16</font>, MP calls $16, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 (thinks for a bit and) calls $44, MP (thinks even longer, but eventually) calls $44

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($186, 3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $60</font>, UTG+1 calls $60, <font color="red">MP raises to $152</font>, Hero???

UTG+1 is MEGA loose: 63/31/1.4
MP is a solid TAG: 17/13/5.1
Old 03-30-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: AA: yummy... now let me puke ($2/$4)

are the games so nitty you arent elated to jam the call button?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:30 AM

Get it all in...(or call this, and call turn) if MP has hit a set or 2p, he made a huge mistake PF, and you're +EV in the hand even if he has it. The other guy is dead money
Old 03-30-2007, 04:39 AM

I muck here... knowing the who MP is might help but I don't see him doing it with anything you beat here, such a dry board. He has a set 94% of the time here. I think you have UTG+1 beat for sure though, prolly TT/JJish hand. Anyways I fold.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 AM

i guess your awful flop bet worked perfectly.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess your awful flop bet worked perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is also quite possible
Old 03-30-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Get it all in...(or call this, and call turn) if MP has hit a set or 2p, he made a huge mistake PF, and you're +EV in the hand even if he has it. The other guy is dead money

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I imagine the action went down:

1. MEGA loose guy raises with just about anything
2. MP, a tight TAG, could try to isolate this MEGA loose guy with a raise. Instead, he chooses just to call. No way he does this with a hand like AQ. Pocket pair anyone?
3. I make a raise to $60 representing a premium hand like a high pocket pair or maybe AK.
4. Mega loose player calls.
5. Now, MP is left with a decision about whether to call $44. He spends quite a bit of time thinking about it. If he had a medium suited connector, I think he'd fold fairly quick--knowing he doesn't have the odds to call. Since he is thinking, the chances of him having a pocket pair go up. He knows there is a one in nine chance of him hitting his set (while I miss mine). Does he have implied odds? If he hits, he has to win at least 9 X $44 = $396. That's pretty much stacks. So, he thinks long and hard. With MEGA loose player in, there is enough behind if he can get one of our stacks. After some thought, he finally decides to call.
6. The flop comes very ragged: 972r. MEGA loose player checks. Now, TAG with a high aggression factor checks. Why does a high aggression factor check? He has to believe I'll make a CB.
7. I make a smallish size bet, but since the board is so ragged, my bet is in line with AA or KK. (In retrospect, I could have bet more, but I really wanted MEGA loose player to stay in the hand. Since the board was so ragged, I wasn't really worried about drawing hands. On this ragged board, is this bet really that bad?)
8. Mega loose player calls.
9. Back to MP. He check raises, but not a huge amount. He is giving both of us pretty good odds to call. His raise looks very suspicious. He is practically begging for a call, and he has to expect one or maybe both of us to call. Why would he make this size of a raise? I really think he wants both me and loose guy to call. Why would he want that?

Answer: I think he almost always has a set here. What else can I put him on?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I imagine the action went down:

1. MEGA loose guy raises with just about anything
2. MP, a tight TAG, could try to isolate this MEGA loose guy with a raise. Instead, he chooses just to call. No way he does this with a hand like AQ. Pocket pair anyone?
3. I make a raise to $60 representing a premium hand like a high pocket pair or maybe AK.
4. Mega loose player calls.
5. Now, MP is left with a decision about whether to call $44. He spends quite a bit of time thinking about it. If he had a medium suited connector, I think he'd fold fairly quick--knowing he doesn't have the odds to call. Since he is thinking, the chances of him having a pocket pair go up. He knows there is a one in nine chance of him hitting his set (while I miss mine). Does he have implied odds? If he hits, he has to win at least 9 X $44 = $396. That's pretty much stacks. So, he thinks long and hard. With MEGA loose player in, there is enough behind if he can get one of our stacks. After some thought, he finally decides to call.
6. The flop comes very ragged: 972r. MEGA loose player checks. Now, TAG with a high aggression factor checks. Why does a high aggression factor check? He has to believe I'll make a CB.
7. I make a smallish size bet, but since the board is so ragged, my bet is in line with AA or KK. (In retrospect, I could have bet more, but I really wanted MEGA loose player to stay in the hand. Since the board was so ragged, I wasn't really worried about drawing hands. On this ragged board, is this bet really that bad?)
8. Mega loose player calls.
9. Back to MP. He check raises, but not a huge amount. He is giving both of us pretty good odds to call. His raise looks very suspicious. He is practically begging for a call, and he has to expect one or maybe both of us to call. Why would he make this size of a raise? I really think he wants both me and loose guy to call. Why would he want that?

Answer: I think he almost always has a set here. What else can I put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

nod but still the weak lead might incite him to come over the top, bet 140 and avoid this spot. if action goes the same after you lead stronger I'd elect for a toss
Old 03-30-2007, 05:11 AM

or maybe the reg thinks the OP is trying to isolate the donk preflop and is re-isolating the donk light on the flop?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe the reg thinks the OP is trying to isolate the donk preflop and is re-isolating the donk light on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands could the reg have that that he is trying to re-isolate donk with?