Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Join the PPA - Offer to Full Tilt Poker

I'd eat cat food, if i was broke, duh!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:48 PM

uh, I think Mason's post gives very good reasons as to why no one should be supporting the PPA.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8351829

Whether or not Principals or Board Members of the PPA receive any financial benefit for their services is not known, because the PPA has not seen fit to publish an annual report nor made any budget information available to its donors, members or the public at large.

This is a big deal, why would you give them money when you have no idea what they're doing with it?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM

That's a good point...personally, I gave them $100. Kinda like paying for insurance...your not really sure what its for, but you pay it just in case.

As for my friend's email to FTP, he tells me that he will put his money where his mouth is, but he's sure that FTP gave zero to the PPA, therefore his offer will cost him 50% of zero.

He is yet to receive a reply, almost two days after he made his most generous offer.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a good point...personally, I gave them $100. Kinda like paying for insurance...your not really sure what its for, but you pay it just in case.

As for my friend's email to FTP, he tells me that he will put his money where his mouth is, but he's sure that FTP gave zero to the PPA, therefore his offer will cost him 50% of zero.

He is yet to receive a reply, almost two days after he made his most generous offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know EXACTLY what it's for. If you don't, I suggest you find out, or stop paying for it.

Or, alternatively, I'm sure I could find you could pay me for, "just in case". Maybe some alien abduction insurance? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2007, 02:06 AM

mikeroddick,

If your friend is interested in looking into registering as a lobbyist organization and pursuing a PPA-type program with open books, nice website, full disclosure, and actual lobbying to get Poker legalized, or something of that nature, I'd love to hear from him.

I am well involved in the poker industry, been a web developer for many rakeback sites behind the scenes over the past two years, and know the industry inside and out. I have often considered pursuing something of this nature, and would be very interested in doing so at this time.

Please let your friend know that I would love to speak with him and perhaps do some research upon how to pursue this. He, and any interested parties for that matter, are welcome to contact me at the information provided below:

Email: Arthur (at) dantonio.info

I can provide a phone number or instant messaging names by PM upon request if he prefers those methods. I can also supply great poker industry references and a resume to vouch for my credibility and willingness to help this situation.

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to hearing back.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:14 AM

mike,

For various political reasons, it would be a Very Bad Idea for you to post any sort of worthwhile reply on a public forum.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mike,

For various political reasons, it would be a Very Bad Idea for you to post any sort of worthwhile reply on a public forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mikeroddick,

If your friend is interested in looking into registering as a lobbyist organization and pursuing a PPA-type program with open books, nice website, full disclosure, and actual lobbying to get Poker legalized, or something of that nature, I'd love to hear from him.

I am well involved in the poker industry, been a web developer for many rakeback sites behind the scenes over the past two years, and know the industry inside and out. I have often considered pursuing something of this nature, and would be very interested in doing so at this time.

Please let your friend know that I would love to speak with him and perhaps do some research upon how to pursue this. He, and any interested parties for that matter, are welcome to contact me at the information provided below:

Email: Arthur (at) dantonio.info

I can provide a phone number or instant messaging names by PM upon request if he prefers those methods. I can also supply great poker industry references and a resume to vouch for my credibility and willingness to help this situation.

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to hearing back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pass along the offer, and if my friend authorizes, I'll PM you his contact info
Old 02-27-2007, 06:15 PM

FTPSean or FTPDoug, can you comment on this post and reply?

Hello xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker customer support, and for your support of the Poker Players Alliance.

I am looking into your situation as we speak but it may take me some time to fully research the issue.

I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Regards,
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 AM

As of one hour ago, FTP has not reply to my friends generous offer.

What can we infer from that?