Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone use ePassporte at all yet? I'd like to get some confirmation on whether or not there are any fees moving money between EPP and Poker Sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know there isn't moving money to a site.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:19 AM

click2pay is garbage

the checks they send (in euros) are way short. way way short. they're doing some crazy [censored] business (taking in the USD and pseudo converting it to CAD for the user while never actually converting it at any stage, and then sending out euro checks at the better of the two exchange rates from their perspective, and then taking 200 basis or something like that. it's a joke. f them.

when the consumer deposits the check, after the branch takes their cut, the consumer is eating at least 5.5% as compared to the exchange rate on the day that he requested the check. probably more.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I signed up for MoneyBookers, they sent me a letter with a PIN number to verify my address. After I did so, I was able to add a credit card to my account (and use it) without having to complete another verification process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks. They sent that before you made your first deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

This procedure is news to me, to a certain extent. I did this, but it is the address verification, and I initiated it. I've never known it to be tied into the whole CC process. I funded my account from PokerSavvy and was using my account before I did ANY of these steps, though...I only verified my address/CC to get my limits increased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also did the address verification first at moneybookers. Last night I tried to increase my limits with the cc verification and they would only let me use my TD Visa if I checked the non-gambling usage box.

Anyone know if TD has cutoff gambling site deposits like RBC always have? I was able to use my TD Visa for Click2Pay registration last month but have yet to use it anywhere else.

I just want to increase my limits, I'm wondering if I check the "non-gambling purpose" box will only the funds uploaded from my cc (around $2) be flagged as non-gambling or will my account balance as a whole be affected? Don't really want to risk it and be the guinea pig right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 01:58 PM

ok i was just going to deposit into Moneybookers but found out i have to do the transfer from my bank, that moneybookers does not debit the $ from my bank account..

Is there a fee that TD charges for this international transfer? i know the following but i'm not sure if that means that moneybookers themselves dont charge a fee but that my bank may

Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Old 05-04-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I signed up for MoneyBookers, they sent me a letter with a PIN number to verify my address. After I did so, I was able to add a credit card to my account (and use it) without having to complete another verification process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks. They sent that before you made your first deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]

This procedure is news to me, to a certain extent. I did this, but it is the address verification, and I initiated it. I've never known it to be tied into the whole CC process. I funded my account from PokerSavvy and was using my account before I did ANY of these steps, though...I only verified my address/CC to get my limits increased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also did the address verification first at moneybookers. Last night I tried to increase my limits with the cc verification and they would only let me use my TD Visa if I checked the non-gambling usage box.

Anyone know if TD has cutoff gambling site deposits like RBC always have? I was able to use my TD Visa for Click2Pay registration last month but have yet to use it anywhere else.

I just want to increase my limits, I'm wondering if I check the "non-gambling purpose" box will only the funds uploaded from my cc (around $2) be flagged as non-gambling or will my account balance as a whole be affected? Don't really want to risk it and be the guinea pig right now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I linked my TD Visa Gold to Moneybookers and I chose "I will use this for online gambling" or what ever it said..with no problem last week.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:49 PM

Does anyone know anything about Western Union? The shady [censored] at Prima have zero e-wallets and won't even send me a check. Apparently the only option is Western Union. Never even heard of it.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know anything about Western Union? The shady [censored] at Prima have zero e-wallets and won't even send me a check. Apparently the only option is Western Union. Never even heard of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Western Union has been around for like forever. Sucks that your site doesn't have any e-wallets.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, it isn't Prima (Microgaming now) that doesn't use eWallets, it's the particular site you are playing at. I've played on several Microgaming sites that offer both C2P and MB. Then there's ones like BetDirect that I foolishly deposited onto a few months ago with a CC without checking their options. None. No Neteller, MB, C2P, or any way to get my money off. A couple of weeks ago they finally added NT...how helpful! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

In summary, Microgaming sites vary greatly with their funding options.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i was just going to deposit into Moneybookers but found out i have to do the transfer from my bank, that moneybookers does not debit the $ from my bank account..

Is there a fee that TD charges for this international transfer? i know the following but i'm not sure if that means that moneybookers themselves dont charge a fee but that my bank may

Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the info you're looking for, posted earlier by Savvy76:

All transfers are assumed to originate from Ontario and going to Germany (where Moneybookers' bank is located) and vice versa.

BMO (outgoing): Flat fee of $10 + 0.2% of amount transferred (min. $15 - max $125)
BMO (incoming): Flat fee of $14
CIBC(outgoing): Flat fee of $35
CIBC (incoming): There is a charge of $10 for each incoming wire transfer. Wire transfers from Schedule 2 banks cost between $5 and $10 per transfer.
National Bank: $15 + 0.38% of amt. transferred
National Bank(incoming): still can't get in touch
RBC (outgoing): Flat fee of $35 + communication fee to Germany ($7) = $42
RBC(incoming): Free for wires under $50, $15 for wires over $50
Scotia(outgoing): I was quoted $12-13 + 0.15% of transfer amt.[but when I actually did mine at Scotia it was $15 + $7.50 (to Germany) = $22.50]
Scotia (incoming): Flat fee $10
TD Canada Trust(outgoing): Transfers under $10K - flat fee of $30; Transfers $10K - $250K - flat fee of $50
TD Canada Trust(incoming): Flat fee $10
Old 05-04-2007, 04:18 PM

I think you should add instadebit to your list Bobo.
I havent used it but am strongly considering it.
Closed Thread