Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

I love the casual throw in of "Efandiari" in the end, with no attempt to relate it to the story.

All the website is missing is a link "Proof that Gary Coleman shot JFK. Witnesses we have witnesses".
Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 AM

@tom grant:

1. you said a friend told you? how did he hear this ? how sure can you be that theres not a misunderstanding of some sort? (joking, literally speaking)

2. if this were true and a real contract killer hired to kill you, you didnt go to the police ? if u went there, this would be kept secret while the investigations are running and you wouldnt create a website for this, cmon hiring contract killers is serious police stuff, not open-a-website-stuff.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 AM

What are you trying to gain from all this? You want him locked up or something?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@tom grant:

1. you said a friend told you? how did he hear this ? how sure can you be that theres not a misunderstanding of some sort? (joking, literally speaking)

2. if this were true and a real contract killer hired to kill you, you didnt go to the police ? if u went there, this would be kept secret while the investigations are running and you wouldnt create a website for this, cmon hiring contract killers is serious police stuff, not open-a-website-stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom Grant lives in Thailand. Police are bought and sold for very small sums of money in Thailand. Not sure if I would want to use the law to go up against someone who had more money than I do if I lived in that country.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Old 08-03-2007, 08:22 AM

I have lived in Pattaya, Thailand for many years. I have known the person responsible for this story and his wife for 9 years.

No his written English isn't going to win any Pulitzer prizes. No he isn't well versed in forum etiquette. No I wasn't personally involved in the incidents described by him on this thread. No I can't confirm or deny all the details of the episode. For example I don't know what business deals were proposed or why Phil Laak got so angry. No I've never met or talked to Phil Laak.

But..... this story has been common knowledge among ex-pat gamblers in Thailand for several years and I have heard the same facts repeated by several people integral to this story. Namely that after a deal went wrong Phil Laak made contact with a guy living in Thailand and said he wished to pay for a certain person to be killed.

At the time all this happened Mr Laak was neither famous nor rich.

Why has this story become so public at this time ? I have no idea other than I was told the injured party was in Las Vegas for the WSOP and wished to use the opportunity to finally confront Mr Laak, and he was infuriated when he was repeatedly brushed aside and ignored. I don't believe the attempt at talking in person to Phil Laak shown in the photos was the only or first time that the aggrieved man tried to make direct contact in Las Vegas.

I can confirm that the Thai wife in this story is suffering from MS and that it was originally diagnosed shortly after the alleged threats of violence. Stress doesn't help MS, but would this diease have appeared so soon and so aggressively without the threats ? That's an answer that even a doctor would probably struggle to answer.

If a poker magazine wants a real front page story they should send a reporter to Pattaya. I'm sure all the true facts could be quickly uncovered.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I first met Phil Laak in Pattaya,Thailand in the summer of 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]
thread posted: 08/02/07.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
of course there need to be more sources who verify all of the alledged happenings that supposedly took place ....but uhmmm..wow wtf?

....seems like too crazy a story to be totally made up, however we live on a retarded planet so who knows...NVG worthy no doubt though [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

edit: by the way, he doesn't really help his case by including the last accusation about both laak and esfandiari. Even if everything he told about thailand was true as a whole it gets a little sketchy if he blatantly accuses phil laak and esfandiari of something totally unrelated and seemingly farfetched as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laak is unquestionably a scumbag, too much angle shooting and attention whoring.

Esfandari strikes me as a scumbag also, but he's a bit more reserved. I distrust anyone in poker who has spent untold hours learning how to do card tricks.

When you get right down to it all these guys are kind of degenerate scumbags, the big name players that is. Would you trust any of them to give you an even break? Maybe Laak and Esfandari don't stand out afterall.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak will be exposed very soon

[/ QUOTE ]
Tilly has already been exposed!.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:11 AM

"We operate a tour business that caters for people with all forms of disabilities"