Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM

Default im such a sucker for shania(full tilt $75)

ok, my thought process behind pf is as follows. a lot of great players limp especially with 50bb stacks, and i feel like this is something i want to mix into my game with marginal hands from time to time. even if these players have never played with me before, i feel like if i don't at least limp a big hand some % of the time i am making a mistake.

anyway, on to post flop...villain has been very loose and spazzy and got his stack by luckboxing a bunch of all-ins early. he is splashing around in a lot of pots.

i still would have folded to a turn lead from him though(even on a blank, obviously with this card). i thought i should maybe bet the turn to hopefully fold 2 pair out?

on the river i think it's worth shoving here taking the chance he didn't check a 7 or a flush to me because with the way he has been playing i think he often bets these hands, and even if he does call and win i still have a decent stack left.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $100/$200
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 4 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($800, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $800</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2400, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2400, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $9697</font>

he only has 5525 left on the river. thoughts on anything anyone?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: im such a sucker for shania(full tilt $75)

You must reraise his bet on flop. As played I fold river
Old 03-06-2007, 10:17 PM

You don't need to consider shania here. You're not going to be playing w/ these people for an extended period of time. You should only be limping here if you think it maximizes EV of KK in this spot, not because you hope to increase the EV of JTs or whatever when you want to limp UTG w/ it. Again, unless you're @ a table full of people you plan on playing on a regular basis, you are not pleasing shania by limping here.

Anyways, on to the hand. Flop is fine. Turn is fine. River is meh. It's hard getting people off chops in these MTTs, so you don't gain much by shoving here, I think the times he checks a 7/flush and you lose that 5525 more than offsets how much you gain by trying to push him off a chop. With certain reads, I like a raise on flop planning on felting. I.e., I'd have to read him for having a wide flop 3-betting range that KK is ahead of.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Against a competent player I like the river shove more, as he or she would almost definitely bet the river with a hand that could beat the board.

A 'spazzy' player is probably an idiot who doesn't make logical decisions. He could easily check a 7 or flush here. And this is NOT the guy who talks himself into folding here.

Everett
Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM

i think u guys are overestimating how often he beats the board, and while i'm repping only really 77 i think his mindset is more along the lines of, "okay i got lucky a couple of times but now i'm getting close to the money and i can only chop the pot so i have to fold" as wrong as that is, i think this is fairly accurate.