Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Default table selection

i dont know if this has already been addressed in some other post, but i was curious what the other players in this forum consider to be a good table at various stakes. ive played mostly live poker where almost every table is chock full of donks, but obviously playing online is a little different than that.

i play mostly 5/10 and some 3/6. obviously waiting to find that table with 5 100/0 is too greedy, but do you settle for a table full of 25/17 and one 40/10 immediately on your right? im really interested to hear what people have to say about which tables they decide to leave, and which tables they decide to keep playing at.

ps. i know this has been said a hundred times, but guys this really is one of the most important things we can do to maximize profit if not the MOST important. so lets try to find the fish, and not play with each other [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: table selection

luap,

if you can't spot the sucker in the first ten minutes at the table... keep playing.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:50 PM

although position IMO is extremely underrated, I would quicky leave a table full of TAGs with 1 lag to my right.

It is relatively easy to find good tables at FT since I have developed a color coded system for all kinds of players, which allows me to immediately evaluate the softness of the table.

If I am waiting for a table and get a seat and discover the 2 table lags are directly on my left, I will rejoin the table waitlist in order to obtain better position.

Someone made a great post all about table selection a few months ago but I was unable to find it. Does anyone have a link to this?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 AM

This could be the one

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10259229
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 AM

Just look for teh best tables and decide if theyre playable, decide how much tradeoffs you want to make between variance and a lower Winrate. Look what tables your plaiyng style prefers.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 AM

that post has some good content but it is not the one I was thinking of.