Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 AM

Default 30+3 final table hand

i was watching/helping my brother play a 30+3 mtt last night and he ft'd it. at this point he has ~118k iirc and the blinds are 3k/6k/300a and he has had pretty good control of the table at this point and probably has an image laggier than most. he was pwning early on but has fallen behind a bit at this point. villain in this hand is the sb.

while the sb has been passive, earlier this hand occured. he opened in sb to 12k at 2k/4k and the bb who was very tight made it 28k and sb called. flop was 874r and sb(who is also sb in this hand) checked and called 16k called, then led the 9 turn for 16k and called a push for ~12k more with A9o and the bb had J9o so he doubled through but his play was very suspect here.

anyway, my brother raises to 18k utg with ~118k behind, btn folds, and the sb quickly makes it 90k basically setting himself all-in(leaving himself like 50k), bb folds. my brother has 99, his play?

here were my thoughts on the hand and why i decided to post it...sb has been passive and just calling a lot(he has also just called a lot in the bb when my brother opened and just check/folded everytime). he has shown almost no aggression except for that 1 reshove which as i said earlier i assume was a big hand. he is however opening in late position from time to time. on the other hand, we only have ~20bb's to begin and are only 4 handed, though if we fold we still have 100k. i thought it was fairly close. fwiw the other stack sizes were, bb with 50k or so, and btn with like 220k. total chips in play was 535,500.

thoughts?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 30+3 final table hand

Its close but I call.

He's been seen to make suspect moves before and probably sees you as stealing. He hasn't tried to sucker you in with a smaller bet so I would call.

Folding is also appealing as bb has only 50k but play for the win not 3rd. I call here.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 30+3 final table hand

i guess by call you mean push.

also, "Folding is also appealing as bb has only 50k but play for the win not 3rd. I call here."

i forgot to mention that i think if he doubles here he can win the tournament as the big stack is very tight/passive and the bb/short stack is decent but too short to matter. so ya i agree this is another good argument to push.