Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: some hands from the 109 20k gurantee on stars

[ QUOTE ]
thx for responses. in hand 2 i of course was calling a push and he did infact push and i beat his ak, but i wasn't sure if we were deep enough where i should just be calling his initial raise.

r sherman, i didn't really dwindle down too much. i came to the final table with ~90k and nothing much happened, i was up to 100k at one point but i was pretty card dead and kept getting blinded down(esp as ppl were getting eliminated and it went from 9 to eventually 4 handed with the blinds coming around so often and me not picking up any good re-stealing hands or even hands to defend my blinds with). when we began 4 handed play i think i had like ~70k or so, and with 3k/6k blinds u can see how it's easy to lose chips quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I meant by dwindled down. Go back to your hand history and look at the last two orbits before this hand and see if you missed any opportunities at all. At least that is where I would look. You may not have, but chances are you missed at least one (which with blinds and antes this large can be huge).