Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Raising Limpers in LP and Ranges

I've been spending some time lately working on amping up my aggression from the CO and BTN. Taking a look at my ranges I see that there is a decent gap between what I will open raise with in LP and what I will raise a single limper with. This has all the makings of a leak right? Would I be better off just ignoring that limper and merging the 2 ranges?

How about with 2 limpers? It seems I tighten up considerably with multiple limpers and wuss out and just limp behind waaaaaaaaay too often. I'd love to hear your guys' thoughts on this.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Raising Limpers in LP and Ranges

I tighten it up when there are more than two limpers, for sure. Either flat out folding, or limping behind with scs and small pairs UNLESS I've seen them limp/fold preflop a lot. If the stacks are big, I'm more inclined to limp and see if I can't stack someone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tighten it up when there are more than two limpers, for sure. Either flat out folding, or limping behind with scs and small pairs UNLESS I've seen them limp/fold preflop a lot. If the stacks are big, I'm more inclined to limp and see if I can't stack someone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rapid,

You'd never actually fold SC's or small pockets from the CO or BTN with multiple limpers ahead would you?

What about my original question about 1 or 2 limpers?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:12 PM

If there are more limpers i assume they are wanting me to raise them more so I oblige them.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 PM

I think the risk/reward ratio is too awesome to fold. If someone makes a serious raise, then I might let go...if the stacks are all small, I might let a small PP or scs go. I let the implied odds guide me towards folding or calling...but usually it's calling if there are multiple limpers and I've got something speculative. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are more limpers i assume they are wanting me to raise them more so I oblige them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but what I'm trying to get at guys is what range you are raising limpers with. Is it the same range that you would raise with if you were opening the pot? How do you adjust your raising range in LP with 1 limper...2 limpers?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM

big cards is better. SC, Axs, Kxs, S1G, littler PPs are better to limp.

I'd raise with QTo or T9s/J9s to several limpers, and overraise slightly (more than 4xBB + 1 per limper). I'd do this with solid hands like AK and TT+ too.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 PM

For me, it's player dependent. If I know that the limpers will call anything, then I tighten up since chances are better that I'll be playing postflop. If they limp, then fold a lot, then I'll use the same range. Think about your reads on the blinds when you contemplate stealing...are they loose/tight? Will they defend? The line of thinking is similar IMO.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM

raise
Old 10-10-2007, 03:01 PM

I don't change the hands I raise with, I just increase the amount I raise when there are limpers. It's normal for many of them to fold and only have two or threeway action on the flop if the raise is big. I also continuation bet 90% of the time in this situation -- I play like I have aces even if I don't...scary to face and lucrative for me.

At the same time, I don't think it's necessarily wrong to limp with small pairs...I just prefer the results and the image I get when I raise with them.