Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Oh, cmon, I am not that dumb. But I will post all hands separately tomorrow. Going to bed now.
BTW, redeposited for 6th time at Ongame, started to beat this agro-donks finally. Ongame will remember me forever.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM

I agree with what Hokie said. Other things:

IQ/math/phiolosophical ability/whatever is nice, but at your level it's really not _that_ big of a deal. I'd also disagree with your tilt-control; I'm sorry, but if you lose a BI every 50 hands for 1000 hands at NL50 you're doing something wrong. Tilting is nothing to be ashamed of, but denying that you do it is very dangerous.

As just one example of weird hands, you show at least 2 examples of hands where you call a raise oop with a weak unsuited ace (a bad play imo), call two bets OOP with no pair, and then lose on the river to some crap pair. I'm pretty sure this line is -EV against all but the worst opponents. The 33 hand vs aq isn't a bad beat - for one you have 40bb (why would you not reload on purpose? That's just throwing away EV against bad players), and you should have just shoved over his 3bet pre.

ok I looked through a bunch of your other posted hands. Like 75% of them are coolers or you putting in a lot of money with sort of marginal hands. You do stuff like limp kts, check-minrase the turn on a dry board with a hand with showdown value, and call a 2x pot bet (from a guy who seemed to clearly have it) on a jjttt board playing the board. And your comment about always buying in full is BS - at least half of the hands you posted show you with a half stack or so.

It totally doesn't matter what site you're on (absolute notwithstanding). I made the comment I did because it seems that the mere opening of the ongame software tilts you.

Just reading a lot of posts isn't really helpful if you aren't critically thinking about the logic and how the thought processes can be used in your game. I'd suggest posting your thought processes in hands both here and in microNL and see how they match up with others. Don't just post in the bbv threads - put your real hand thoughts out there for criticism.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM

PD,

it's not about being intelligence. no one's calling you dumb. but just b/c you have some mythical IQ doesn't mean you're magically a god at poker. what hokie said was totally right.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Is this too loose? I had been pushing a fair amount before this, and at one point my opponent called my AI with Q4s (and won [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). In the hand below, his stack was 1255 after posting.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (2 handed)

BB (t1405)
Hero (t1595)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1595</font>
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 PM

Normally I'd think pushing just about atc would be good at this blind level, but if villain is calling shoves with q4s maybe not?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I'd think pushing just about atc would be good at this blind level, but if villain is calling shoves with q4s maybe not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning SAGE makes these &lt;10 bb stack sizes so much easier to deal with. With effective stacks of about 9 bb's, we need 29ish points to shove. You have 30 points with with K4o, so its a shove.

Need a link to SAGE article???
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Yes, I use SAGE. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misplaying these hands where chip-stacks are just above the size on the SAGE charts. Also I guess I posted this because I was getting very frustrated after running extremely badly in the high blind-levels today (while playing push/fold poker). I figured the LC thread was the perfect place for this post. Glad to see I'm handling these spots correctly.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning SAGE makes these &lt;10 bb stack sizes so much easier to deal with. With effective stacks of about 9 bb's, we need 29ish points to shove. You have 30 points with with K4o, so its a shove.

Need a link to SAGE article???

[/ QUOTE ]
Google "SAGE cardplayer"
Old 11-07-2007, 03:52 PM

It's in the sticky I believe.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 PM

ah another day of hustlin in the mean streets of boston....time for a little beauty rest