Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 02:03 AM

Default 10/20 Borgata Turn play in bloated muti-way pots?

The 10/20 game at the Borgata has been ULTRA loose. 6 to 8 players to each flop. 50% of pots raised preflop. Random acts of irrational aggression. 2 or 3 players tilting at any given time. 100 BB swings are seen nightly. I HATE these games, I RARELY make a "killing" in these games. I have been on the transfer list for 2 hours now and I have dusted off $600. My table image is shot. Even the worst players in the game are taking shots at me.I froze up on the following turn play.

Dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: UTG
I limp, 6 callers, Sb completes, BB raises ( he has a good hand but has been on tilt and is playing like an animal), all call.
16 Sb's

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Sb leads, BB raises, I call (plan is to raise turn), 1 cold caller behind, Sb reraises, BB calls, I call and Mp2 calls.

28 Sbs to the turn.

Turn : 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB leads, BB calls, I raise...(ok?)
Old 09-08-2006, 03:41 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Borgata Turn play in bloated muti-way pots?

I just 3bet the flop, the pot's big enough where if you coldcall the flop raise any gutshot has the correct odds to outdraw you, factoring in implied odds, plus I think you have a better chance of getting more action by 3betting the flop instead of taking the "I have a monster coldcall the flop, raise the turn line"

Given that you did coldcall the flop, yes raising the turn is the play.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 10/20 game at the Borgata has been ULTRA loose. 6 to 8 players to each flop. 50% of pots raised preflop. Random acts of irrational aggression. 2 or 3 players tilting at any given time. 100 BB swings are seen nightly. I HATE these games, I RARELY make a "killing" in these games. I have been on the transfer list for 2 hours now and I have dusted off $600. My table image is shot. Even the worst players in the game are taking shots at me.I froze up on the following turn play.

Dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: UTG
I limp, 6 callers, Sb completes, BB raises ( he has a good hand but has been on tilt and is playing like an animal), all call.
16 Sb's

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Sb leads, BB raises, I call (plan is to raise turn), 1 cold caller behind, Sb reraises, BB calls, I call and Mp2 calls.

28 Sbs to the turn.

Turn : 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB leads, BB calls, I raise...(ok?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the turn is fine. Getting some more action on the flop is usually better.

And I guess I'll be the one to say that if you hate these kinds of games, your game needs some work. Keep reading and posting.

--Nate
Old 09-08-2006, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 10/20 game at the Borgata has been ULTRA loose. 6 to 8 players to each flop. 50% of pots raised preflop. Random acts of irrational aggression. 2 or 3 players tilting at any given time. 100 BB swings are seen nightly. I HATE these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Do you also HATE money?

Raise the flop. Normally, I'd wait for the turn if it's only one bet to me, but you have a chance to 3-bet here, which will cut their odds significantly. If you call and let one other player in, the pot on the turn will have at least 12BB, so when you raise, you'll be offering something like 7.5:1 or better. If you 3-bet the flop, you'll be offering 7.33:1, and your equity is big. Besides, given your description, it may get capped anyway, and then you can raise the turn.

~MagicMan
Old 09-08-2006, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you did coldcall the flop, yes raising the turn is the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

BTW, I love the 10/20 game at the Borgata. The last time I played there was a LAG who would continue to play after the flop with no overcards, no flush draws and no straight draws. As if this guy wasn't enough, there was an old Greek lady who would call at showdown with nothing but Jack high! Yes with these loose players variance can be higher, but these games are JUICY notheless.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 10/20 game at the Borgata has been ULTRA loose. 6 to 8 players to each flop. 50% of pots raised preflop. Random acts of irrational aggression. 2 or 3 players tilting at any given time. 100 BB swings are seen by tilting monkeys nightly. I LOVE these games, I CONSISTENTLY grind out a nice profit in these games.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:37 PM

You MUST three bet this flop. This will not probably fold any strong flush draw but any decent player with a gutshot will fold knowing there are two clubs and he is working on fewer outs. It is also important to make pots large in these loose games charging drawers the max to run at you. Winning these large pots will allow you to make a good profit even when they chase you down occasionally. When the pot is this big you will always get paid off well when the board pairs with a club because many of these LAGs will raise and reraise the nut flush even with a paired board.