Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 03:50 AM

Default ABS 1/2: blind steal with T9s

Villian is a TAG with a 4.1 aggression factor over 1000ish hands and defends BB 50% of the time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a 2+2er.

Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $1/$2 Stakes (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero raises, Button folds, Small blind folds, Big blind calls

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero raises, Big blind calls

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind bets, Hero calls

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Big blind checks, Hero bets
Old 12-16-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: ABS 1/2: blind steal with T9s

call me crazy but, I'm thinking I like raising the turn, then taking a free showdown for the same price. If he 3 bets the turn, I'm gone.

I just can't imagine a tag pulling a stop n go and folding a hand you beat on the river.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:30 AM

I don't like raising for a free showdown in this spot. There are several reasons that dissuade me:

i) Usually with this play, you make a raise because you have decided to call the turn and river anyway. I don't think we are calling the river here often enough to warrant placing the two bets on the turn. The hand currently has little showdown value.

ii) Even if he doesn't 3-bet, the villain has demonstrated that he is capable of donking after a raise. If he donks the river, then our play has lost much of its purpose.

iii) Raising has few additional benefits. It is not probable enough that the villain will fold to the raise, and our draw is devalued by the board making it less likely we will safely collect an additional bet on the river when it is completed.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 AM

It depends how you're blind stealing has been going, but usually I'll just dump to a donk on the flop. If he starts doing this as a standard play, though, then make adjustments. I dont think this is a board to get into pissing contests over blinds, in any case.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:33 AM

methinks you're beat on that river. check behind. He at least has you overcarded.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:42 PM

if BB is a TAG s/he knows you woulda raised the turn with either the Ax or X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Y[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after you got stop and go-ed so i wouldn't be surprised if you got called down here with some pretty weak hands that still have you beat.

bbbushu
Old 12-16-2006, 02:24 PM

I'm not what BB has here (K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q/J or x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7?), but if he's donked twice, I'm not convinced he's folding to a river bet. Maybe he'll fold 1 in 6 times, but I'm not sure. I'd've probably given up on the turn.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if BB is a TAG s/he knows you woulda raised the turn with either the Ax or X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Y[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after you got stop and go-ed so i wouldn't be surprised if you got called down here with some pretty weak hands that still have you beat.

bbbushu

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, but whats a "stop-n-go"?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:34 PM

He bets, you raise, he calls but still bets out the next street again.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets, you raise, he calls but still bets out the next street again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different from a "donkbet" in that Villan is the one starting the action on both streets. A donkbet would be flop: BB bets, Villan calls, Hero raises, BB folds, Villan calls; turn: Villan bets...