Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:56 PM

Default RakeReduction, why are you so cheap?

How come many rakeback affiliates do not carry over to the next month negative balances and you do? Many also have LOTS of freerolls at plenty of sites for their affiliates and you only have the crappy rewards for activities that benefit you (most play and most referrals).

Aren't you one of the biggest affiliates in the bussiness? Shouldn't you be rewarding some more your loyal customers?

If a player plays enough to buy a plasma TV at the FT store, isn't it only fair that you absorbe the amount FT charges him? That player has made you plenty of money already and will probably continue to do so.

Please explain why you give less back to your players than other, smaller, affiliates.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: RakeReduction, why are you so cheap?

No idea the affiliates even did this at all never spent my FT points. Does TITN?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come many rakeback affiliates do not carry over to the next month negative balances and you do? Many also have LOTS of freerolls at plenty of sites for their affiliates and you only have the crappy rewards for activities that benefit you (most play and most referrals).

Aren't you one of the biggest affiliates in the bussiness? Shouldn't you be rewarding some more your loyal customers?

If a player plays enough to buy a plasma TV at the FT store, isn't it only fair that you absorbe the amount FT charges him? That player has made you plenty of money already and will probably continue to do so.

Please explain why you give less back to your players than other, smaller, affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I shouldn't have to defend our practices, I will make an attempt.

Since we allow cashout anytime, our system would be open to abuse. You could wait until the last day of the month to make a huge deposit on Full Tilt or use the Store costing several hundred dollars. This should be something Full Tilt eats, not the player or affiliate in my opinion, but why blame us?

If you get a new plasma TV, why again should we absorb that blow? Show me an affiliate who currently does this.

While I agree with you on the freerolls, it is not from lack of trying. We have always tried to do things different, and once our freeroll idea is a reality, I believe our membership will enjoy it. The problem has been finding a network that can support our idea, which we have finally found it on the Cake Network, it is just taking a little longer to roll out than normal. We will have a weekly freeroll rather than monthly.

At the end of the day, we are a business like everyone else.

And for LetsGetItOn [ QUOTE ]
No idea the affiliates even did this at all never spent my FT points. Does TITN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every affiliate gets charged these and passes on this to the players, we are just one of the the only sites that shows the players what they get charged against their rake and why for informational purposes.

With kind regards,

RakeReduction
Old 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM

First, I have no negative balance at RR (to blueman).

Second, while I thank you for your response (RR) and while I unfortunately cannot show you which affiliates absorbe that cost, I know they exist and perhaps somebody will step forward and name a few.

Finally, FT is a site that sets a rakeback limit to 27% to the players while the affiliate, the more customers he brings, the higher the % he gets back. This, again, it is something I have heard from, in my opinion, reliable source but I have no means to confirm.
If it is not true, then I understand your position (I don't like it, but I understand it) but if it is true that the affiliate keeps earning more and more whithout the possibility of giving more back to the players (an excellent FT rule in your eyes, not that good in mine) then it would only be fair that you absorbed those costs.

Kindly,
William
Old 09-23-2007, 07:08 PM

William, you do understand that a rakeback relationship is a revenue sharing relationship. You have to take the good with the bad, both affiliate and player. You are not truly getting 27% of the rake you pay at Full Tilt, you are getting 27% of your total MGR. This is how rakeback has, and will always work.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:30 PM

Yes and I don't see what difference it makes to my question. If it is a fact that some affiliates don't carry over negative balances, why should others do. In every bussiness you have to make sure one partner doesn't suddenly gets away with the biggest piece of the cake and if the % that RR gets from us has been increasing as they grow themselves, we are stucked at 27% while they get richer and richer.

Of course it is extremely difficult to know what the affiliates really get as they all stick togheter and share this precious secret with no one.

I think it is only reasonable to demand explanations/improvements every now and then to insure a fair sharing of the amount the sites give back.

And once again, if no other affiliate absorbes the store/freerolls/etc.. costs from FT and the affiliates are just as stucked as we are at a fixed rakeback %, then no changes need to be made; but from what I hear, it is not the case.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM

With RR it's a trade, if you want to cashout on demand then you have to deal with neg carryovers. If you are willing to wait with another affiliate then you don't get neg carryovers in most cases. RR is right, their system would be primed for abuse if they allowed you to cash out and then go buy a $1000 item in their store on the last day of the month.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With RR it's a trade, if you want to cashout on demand then you have to deal with neg carryovers. If you are willing to wait with another affiliate then you don't get neg carryovers in most cases. RR is right, their system would be primed for abuse if they allowed you to cash out and then go buy a $1000 item in their store on the last day of the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is rubbish. If you could not cash out on demand, you could still buy at the store and not play at FT for the next month or so. It's not like you can't survive playing somewhere else (also with RB) for a month every now and then.
At the very least you would have the choice of keep playing and paying or taking a month break and not paying.

Not to mention that with the current system you could spend all your points at once just after cashing out from RR and never play at FT again. In that case they would not only lose the amount FT claims but the future income from that player as well.

RR is excellent in many regards, but they need to be less greedy and start giving back a little more. All the explanations about not finding a site for the freerolls is shady as well. Practically every other affiliate has something in place, usually a freeroll per site every month. Why should they be the only ones to encounter problems setting something up?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

All the explanations about not finding a site for the freerolls is shady as well. Practically every other affiliate has something in place, usually a freeroll per site every month. Why should they be the only ones to encounter problems setting something up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the word 'shady' is very wrong here. Like I said, we are trying to setup a very very unique freeroll and all the of the major sites are not willing to do what we want to do. We want this to be a weekly freeroll for starters. We expect the prize pool to be anywhere from $3000 - $6000 per week. We need it to only allow certain players (players who qualify). The only site who would even listen to our idea was Bodog, but they do not allow Canadian users, so we couldnt use them.

At the end of the day, we will be doing this on the Cake Network, but again, it is a very unique idea, and once it's rolled out, you will understand why.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:37 AM

William is quite obviously wrong here and RR pointed out exactly how this could happen.