Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: weird donk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I end up calling here for the reasons Miles mentioned. If the board wasnt double paired I'd raise.

When I raise I fold to a 3-bet without worrying about it. I use to call and win like never.

People grossly overestimate how much even retards bet/3-bet as a bluff on the river. I mean you see it. But its closer to 0.5% than the 8-10% or whatever you need to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the board double-pairing shouldn't make us less inclined to raise. i really see the villain intending to just call down with some weakish pair, but now that he sees the board pairing he decides to donk knowing that (a) it's not easy for you to raise with a better hand since you will now be afraid of a full house (b) you will call with A high. i also see the villain making a stupid donk with A high here knowing that he's now chopping with any other A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

the flop is 522, turn 4, river 4.

what pair did said villian c/c twice with that he now decides to bet, 77, TT, 33?

He can have A4, and 34.

You havea good hand, but its not good enough to raise here.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 AM

he could easily play 33-TT this way, with TT being somewhat less likely. basically, i more or less agree with vma's range, excluding JJ-QQ and adding a bunch of 5x hands like 65s, 75s.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 AM

I think all of the hands in vma's range are possible but I also think he has 43 like 20 times for each time he has KQ.

If you are not prepared to fold to a 3-bet I honestly cant see how this is a raise.

If you think you can fold to a raise I like it a lot more and I think its fairly close
Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 AM

btw, nina the new poker bob?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think all of the hands in vma's range are possible but I also think he has 43 like 20 times for each time he has KQ.

If you are not prepared to fold to a 3-bet I honestly cant see how this is a raise.

If you think you can fold to a raise I like it a lot more and I think its fairly close

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but all the 5x hands and the pp's are on at least an equal footing with 43s - and i'd say even more likely. Ax's hands are there too, discounted of course, maybe to 25-40%.

and yes, i agree, i think you can confidently fold to a 3bet.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 AM

BTW, I've seen fish taking c/c c/c donk line with a monster a lot (in smaller stakes though). They love to stick around till the river.

I'd call, if I've been playing with him a good amount and I feel more comfortable with his ranges when he bets big streets I can raise/fold or raise/call.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but all the 5x hands and the pp's are on at least an equal footing with 43s - and i'd say even more likely. Ax's hands are there too, discounted of course, maybe to 25-40%.

and yes, i agree, i think you can confidently fold to a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop taking lines that involve folding JJ on a 52244 board in a big pot versus a retarded opponent. seriously
Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
please stop taking lines that involve folding JJ on a 52244 board in a big pot versus a retarded opponent. seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, wtf!

If he's retarded enough to bet-call A-hi or 33 I can't trust him (or myself) enough to raise fold.

I just call.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:22 AM

to those who say don't fold. if he 3-bets you, how often do you think you have him beat?
Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, nina the new poker bob?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]