Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Noiq gets 1 week ban from ipoker

Due to this and other issues surrounding iPoker I will stop allowing requests for VIP/cashback at iPoker effective this weekend. I don't want some affiliates crossing the line to ruin it for everyone. I will lock the thread when the software changes over.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:16 PM

The ipoker skin that got the boot, Maestro poker, PMed me with some ridiculous offer, which I dismissed.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM

I see your point coach. But I really think you should know that there is a very small % that plays under rakeback. Most players just play for fun and does not do much research on the best offers and so. I also disagree in those "special deals" from what I know there havent been done such deals in latest time by any of the affiliate managers. I have read through the aqusations of ipoker and noiqpokers responces. It seems that the cases they used to document this were not noiqpokers fault at all. Also the fees noiqpoker pays for advertisement are the big % they pay the affiliates working for them. This is much more than the comercial fees for the bigger sites. The markets fundemental, the ones offering the best total package (good support, rakeback, promotions and more) should get the most players, not the ones doing the most comercial. I feel no pitty for pokerrooms taking 90%+(- the networks fees) of a players rake and giving very little back.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM

so if i get this right:

it is a fight between large and small rooms where the players get [censored]
Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if i get this right:

it is a fight between large and small rooms where the players get [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really the network vs skins. I'm sure if the skins got to vote on it there would be rakeback on iPoker. There was open rakeback for a couple of years and then off and on since.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:20 PM

well the network doesn't loose any money if skins want to promote rakeback.
if the network has some interest it's because large skins that spend tons on adv put pressure on them to try to limit smaller skins to make those offers and "stealing" players.
so it's really between large and small rooms which fight thru the network.

or not?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well the network doesn't loose any money if skins want to promote rakeback.
if the network has some interest it's because large skins that spend tons on adv put pressure on them to try to limit smaller skins to make those offers and "stealing" players.
so it's really between large and small rooms which fight thru the network.

or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my impression aswell
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 PM

The bigger skins get upset when small skins enter the network and their only marketing is rakeback. iPoker wants new players, not players lured from other skins. This is why they made a rule (is it still a rule?) that you could only have 1 account on iPoker. The skins were playing cut throat with each other instead of bringing in new players.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 PM

Yes correct...

Before people start throwing toys out of their pram, the following is not directed at iPoker specifically but has been seen in almost all networks...Party, Boss, OnGame, iPoker, Prima, Crypto at some point...

The difficulty and problems often occur when a network owns a big skin of its own....

Gieffe said that really the network doesn’t lose out as the battle is between the skins, but in the case where the network owns a big skin they do as they are losing margin on their own skin. (iPoker has Titan, Party had Party, Crypto- Inter, etc.)

The trouble usually starts when a network does impose a policy (that it has probably sought from existing affiliates) on rakeback from day 1 across all skins regarding rakeback – whether to allow it (capped) or not allow it
Of course this results in skins undercutting each other through rakeback affiliates and in some cases, the network’s affiliate managers for its own skin are also offering rakeback as affiliates, of course being able to offer the highest rates possible since they have no real network fees to pay.

Without a clear policy it becomes a “one rule for some, one for another” network

PokerAddict believes that most iPoker skins would permit rakeback if put to a vote and we believe this to be true. What is really needed is a strict cap in place. We have already seen the iPoker is prepared to play hard ball with Maestro, so if strict rules were in place then skins would be very unlikely to break the rules, given it would mean expulsion.

As discussed earlier in the thread, poker skins should not be held responsible for its affiliates as it is difficult to prevent a rival skin setting up a dummy rakeback site and advertising a competitor with rakeback. Yes the honest skin can end the bogus affiliate account but they cannot force the banner or text to be removed from the rogue’s website. Now we are not for one minute suggesting that this was the case with NoiQ – but there is only so much they can do in terms of emailing what they believe to be a genuine affiliate.

Regarding the iPoker issue
They are apparently still honing their rakeback policy document and that is why nothing has been seen, but rumours about domains containing rake or offering rakeback etc are rife, but the trouble is that nothing has yet been communicated to the masses on
As it stands there are still well respected rakeback sites (who are not rogue and can be controlled) still listing NoiQ and Titan on the same page with rakeback offers....who knows what punishment might be meted out

Impartial and objective as ever

RakeTheRake
Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 PM

good post, it clarifies a lot. the fact that ipoker owns titan explains everything.

by the way i play on ipoker 75% of my hands and to me it's the best network out there for many reasons.

i have just written what are my ideas on the subject