Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Leggo Poker avatars

It appears as if Lego Poker is getting into coaching on the site and all the listed coaches are sporting LP avatars. This is against the rules, no?

Here is the site BTW www.leggopoker.com

I have talked with some of hte guys (mainly tickner), and he says it is more than a coaching site and as of right now it is nothing, and since then it should be no problem. I kinda agree with him but I think it might violating the spirit of the rule.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

Hi Guys,

I'd like to chime in here and tell you mt thoughts on the matter.

As of right now, the site is simply a teaser page. As of right now, there is no way I can make any sort of money by people going to the site.

Secondly, while the Avatars do display our logo, they don't give off any sort of link, or even the name of the site (some have thought it was for Liquid Poker).

Third, once we launch, if the mods agree that it is not fair to put up avatars for it, I will order the team to take them down.

IMO this is pretty reasonable, but either way I will cooperate with the decision made.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Guys,

I'd like to chime in here and tell you mt thoughts on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi. i don't mean to be combative, but.

[ QUOTE ]
As of right now, the site is simply a teaser page. As of right now, there is no way I can make any sort of money by people going to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's retarded. which either means you're retarded or you think we are. "hey guys, there's no way that huge piles of potential customers visiting my page before it has a way to pay me right now could make me money. no, really, no way they'd maybe be compelled to come back, you know, when ways to make money are up and running." so yes, while your above quoted is "true" it is not in the spirit of the truth.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, while the Avatars do display our logo, they don't give off any sort of link, or even the name of the site (some have thought it was for Liquid Poker).

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what your logo is or really for that matter care enough to go track it down right now. i'm assuming since they confuse it with liquid poker, it has LP involved. just because your logo is so poorly designed that it's confusable with another large player in your market, doesn't mean that what people are doing isn't free advertising.

[ QUOTE ]
Third, once we launch, if the mods agree that it is not fair to put up avatars for it, I will order the team to take them down.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally, as you can see, i think they should go right now, since broader policy has been against free advertising.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this is pretty reasonable, but either way I will cooperate with the decision made.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing that makes this have any subtlety to it is that as far as i know, you're in some sort of business relationship with 2p2 at the moment outside of the normal advertising scope, so perhaps prior precedent doesn't natter. but i doubt it.

also, you can perhaps see why it might (i use might because who knows, i could be wrong here) have been a better, less contemptible idea to ask first, instead of "if there's a problem i'll tell the team to take them down.

yours,

citanul
Old 11-12-2007, 01:32 AM

I'm inclined to say that a logo is ok.

A website address is not, for sure, but a logo seems benign enough.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but these guys have done plenty for 2+2 by offering their hand converter. Allowing a logo seems like the decent thing for us to do. And as far as asking beforehand or not, it would be nice, but I don't have time to make an issue of that.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 AM

if i remember correctly, evan had a logo, with possibly a web address in his avatar for awhile to his golf website.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i remember correctly, evan had a logo, with possibly a web address in his avatar for awhile to his golf website.

[/ QUOTE ]

golf is not a competitor of 2+2 sponsors
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More significantly, we allowed the DeucesCracked guys to keep their avatars. I guess they're now advertisers here w/ their own forums, but they had the logo avatars before then.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:46 PM

In between the LP example and Evan's example (First Tee Direct, it's burned into my mind! Nice job, Evan) is poster stevea. I see it's been a couple of weeks since he last posted, but I read Home Poker fairly regularly and a very high percentage of his posts link to his (apparently for profit) site. Including pimping new chips that he got in and linking to them, etc.

There does seem to be some useful stuff on his site like tournament blind structures, etc., but the point of a vast majority of his posts is to drive traffic there. But since Home Poker seems virtually modless it has gone unchecked and perhaps unnoticed. And maybe it doesn't bother anyone but me either, and maybe it isn't a thread to 2+2 revenue, but I find it a bit much.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 PM

I agree, if I was the mod making the decision I would have removed stevea's avatar because it makes direct reference to the brand. DeucesCracked CardRunners and Leggo have their logos, but you must already know their brand to know what these people represent, I feel thats fair game - there is no a "call to action" (a marketing term) as we find in Stevea's avatar.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

i banned him. almost all his posts are designed to promote his site and they link there.