Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

You don't need to do pulloffs and hammerons the way you do on a real guitar-- just tapping the correct button at the right time is sufficient. For example, if you have a green note and then a red note that you want to hammer, you don't actually need to hold the green down while you hit the red; you can just hit the green, take your whole hand off the guitar, then tap the red and it will work. Pulloffs work the same way, you don't need to mimic the actual pull-off you'd be doing on a real guitar.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to do pulloffs and hammerons the way you do on a real guitar-- just tapping the correct button at the right time is sufficient. For example, if you have a green note and then a red note that you want to hammer, you don't actually need to hold the green down while you hit the red; you can just hit the green, take your whole hand off the guitar, then tap the red and it will work. Pulloffs work the same way, you don't need to mimic the actual pull-off you'd be doing on a real guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, for me its just I have much better speed on PO, and get killed in fast HO sections

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, I completed Miss Murder last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

that song and School's Out I have 5* on expert, but only 4* on hard lol
Old 11-20-2007, 04:54 AM

TDWDTG is ridiculous. How in god's name are you supposed to solo for that long? It's just endless. I'm close but haven't beat it yet. All of the downloadable boss battle's are tough, I haven't beaten the Tom Morello one yet either, but I just downloaded them today. I failed Slash's at 98% like 3 times, before beating it.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, and thats what i do. i think its just a matter of my fingers kind of lagging behind and not pulling off quick enough.

i finally beat tier 7 last night!!! got slipknot on like 3rd try and knights of cydonia on the 4th try

and then i 5*d cult of personality on my 1st try. wtf is that in tier 7 for?!?!

tier 8 can SMD obv. cliffs of dover seems to be the easiest of the bunch. one i'm just going to probably save star power and activate at solo/mash buttons hoping to get through lol
Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go to quickplay and try it on expert [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it should be remembered that if you have a sequence like GRG, it's easier to do if you keep your finger on green, hammer on the red, then let go of the red (which will act like a pull off.)
Old 11-20-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go to quickplay and try it on expert [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so i take it its a lot harder on expert then? i'm at work and am curious, what did they add to make it harder?

guess i could check out the note chart...
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM

better yet, youtube to the rescue
Old 11-20-2007, 02:48 PM

ok, i see what they did there.....
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 AM

well i just made it to tier 8 on hard and will probably be on tier 8 on hard for another 3 years.