Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Super System, is it worth it?

I was woundering if it is even worth my time to read the No Limit section of the book? is it dated? i have only skimmed it but one thing seemed to stand out and kind of turn me off from the advice... "Id say over 50% of the time... when all the money goes in, i've go the worst hand" i guess this is somewhat take out of context (he goes on to explain that this is only profitable because of the small pots that he has picked up along the way), but is this sound advice? are the concepts outdated? will it mislead someone trying to learn no limit? (im trying very hard to unlearn everything i read in play poker like the pros)
Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Super System, is it worth it?

The only chapter of significant value in SuperSystem is the 7CS section by Chip Reese.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Super System, is it worth it?

Super System is outdated, but I think there are still things to learn from the NL section. For one thing, his power poker strategy works really well against the majority of noobs/bad poker players.

I would recommend you read the NL section, but only after you've read all the other superior poker books.