Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Turn AA into a bluff?

[ QUOTE ]

Villain minraised the turn, really doubt he ever has clubs here and probably folds everything but a flush and maybe TJ to a shove. I think c/f > shove though, but given description this is not a bad spot to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Pretty much no villain is folding the river if they have a 10.

a) no one folds a straight to a backdoor flush
b) if he has half a brain you're representing so few strong club hands (namely AcQc or Ac10c) that theres no way 10x isnt the nuts.

I agree c/f > shove, but I think a bluff here is pretty horrid.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Oh [censored] I thought this was $5/$10 lol. Yeah I agree it's bad now. Also, I prob fold turn.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 AM

If he won't vb thin, just check and find out if your hand is g00t. (obv fold to a bet).
Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 AM

if river wasn't the J of clubs and you had a psb left on river.....maybe.

AA is definately not good, villain may or may not fold to a bluff. it's too risky, c/f and move on. bluffing with AA rarely ends pretty.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol no its horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh def not horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes it is. did you see stack sizes? Overbet bluffing this river when two big draws just got there. Hah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that necessarily bad or something?
Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 AM

If people actually folded a straight here, it'd be a good bluff. But people suck, they'll yell at the screen about their bad luck and how everyone hits their [censored] draws and still hit call.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 AM

fold turn
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM

I called certain I now did not have the best hand. I do not believe there is any card that can come to actually give me the best hand. At best, I am drawing to an ace to beat 2 pair (hoping it does make give him the nut straight) or the board to pair without giving villain a full house.

Instead, I call thinking there are several cards that can come off on the river allowing me to bluff him off the best hand, primarily because I have nut blockers. He can not have the nut flush draw. It is possible he has the nut straight draw, but that is much less likely, as I have two of the aces, and he minraises the turn, representing an already made hand. I do not think this opponent would in a million years call the flop and minraise the turn with a gutter. For the same logic, I deduce he can not consider AQcc a made hand, as I already have the Ace. The only hand I think I should worry about having no concerns calling a push on the river is Q10cc, but against villain I think a call on the turn and a minraise on the river do not match this hand at all.

At this point, I think it likely he has 2 pair but more likely he has J10, as he would have raised (even the donk minraise) on the flop with 2 pair.

When the river peels off a Jack of clubs I believe there are several hands that fit my action that now beat him (such as Axcc, including AQcc) and several hands he can not have. If he has J10, at best it includes the 10 of clubs.

Whatever he has, he can't have anything close to the nuts and feel comfortable about calling off his money...

Unless, as several suggest, he thinks I am spewing, or just shouts and kicks himself for getting sucked out on yet again because he has to call OMG I CAN'T LAY DOWN A STRAAAAAAAAIGHT...
Old 11-29-2007, 11:46 PM

Exactly which big draws do you think made it in villains range besides the draws we block and can represent? We have two nut blockers for the nut straight, and the nut blocker for the best flush, not counting the nut blockers already present on the board.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Really? Interesting. I thought the J of clubs was one of the best cards possible to bluff with since it removes some of the possible hands we can not block with our Ace of clubs.

What are you suggesting would be a better card to bluff on?