Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Not sobern and at home, ooops!

Yeah...No joke. Mid-strength beer is ruining the atmosphere at the footy and cricket. It may be a good idea at the soccer though judging by the recent shenanigans.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM

what pisses me off is that they only serve light beers, but still sell spirits....
Old 11-18-2007, 09:32 PM

Snitch - I read in the paper that they will soon doing 'lite spirits' for mixed drinks at events. Probably will be 2.5-3.5% or something...And then after paying $6 for your 'lite spirit', you have to go get a pass out to go outside and have a smoke....Where will it all end?????
Old 11-18-2007, 09:39 PM

what i hate bout the light/middies @ the cricket is the increase in toilet breaks & I always seem to miss a wicket or a six each time [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Snitch do they serve XXXX gold (its a middie right?) @ the gabba or just lighter stuff?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 PM

only gold. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i always thought that gold was a light, but one of my mates assues me it's a middie when i give him crap about drinking it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i always cbf looking up exactly what the content is. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i think it might actually be a mid, because depending on who the sponsor of the event is, you get either carlton mid or xxxx gold.

[ QUOTE ]

Snitch - I read in the paper that they will soon doing 'lite spirits' for mixed drinks at events. Probably will be 2.5-3.5% or something...And then after paying $6 for your 'lite spirit', you have to go get a pass out to go outside and have a smoke....Where will it all end?????

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yer, wouldn't surprise me. at the townsville rodeo this year, they only served bundy light after 10pm.

there has been no smoking at any sporting venue in queensland for a fair while now. i just don't bother any more. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:53 AM

huge brag for me that im sure noone else will care about, but im posting it anyway in the hopes that another microer can holla back....

FINISHED ACADEMIC LIFE!!

18 years of study over. here comes the real world..... =)
Old 11-19-2007, 02:10 AM

congrats. One thing I like about work, as opposed to study, is that when I walk out the door at the end of the day and go home I can forget about all the dramabombs of the days work. When I did engineering I always had a backlog of essays and assignments that I COULD have been working on instead of lounging around drinkin beers etc etc. Also getting paid to go somewhere during the day is pretty sweet too...as opposed to having to work a night job just to get beer mobnies.

anyway congrats sir.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

Now for something completely different . . .

I had to sit and read all 13,000 pages of Beowulf in a pre-Shakespearean English Lit course, so I was anxious to finally be able to watch a movie version if for no other reason than as a half-decade-after-the-fact spitting in my professor's eyes.

Also, I wanted to see if the "performance capture" all-CGI technology had improved since The Polar Express. The good news: it has. The bad news . . . why the [censored] didn't they just do live-action? If Lord Of The Rings could be done, they could have done Beowulf. Grendel was basically Gollum, only bigger, uglier and more pissed off.

Making it live action would also have eliminated the need to get cute with some of the shots, especially during the end. Yeah, CGI allows directors to make fancy zooms and cuts that would be difficult or impossible in the real world, but there were way too much of them and it made me verge on the edge of motion sickness. And I just watched the regular version; if I'd been in an 3-D IMAX theater, someone would have been wearing my lunch and a $3 Diet Coke.

That said, I actually like the liberties the writers took with the original poem; it gave it more of a theme rather than just a story of Beowulf, the colossal badass.

I also would have preferred Sean Bean as the basis for Beowulf instead of Ray Winstone (Mr. French from The Departed), but the rest of the "cast" were quite brilliantly chosen.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
congrats. One thing I like about work, as opposed to study, is that when I walk out the door at the end of the day and go home I can forget about all the dramabombs of the days work. When I did engineering I always had a backlog of essays and assignments that I COULD have been working on instead of lounging around drinkin beers etc etc. Also getting paid to go somewhere during the day is pretty sweet too...as opposed to having to work a night job just to get beer mobnies.

anyway congrats sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Ozzie, as an engineering major, this is how I hoped my career would be, because I hate having a never ending stream of hw and when I go home I just want to chill.

Bulletproof Monk: Congrats!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FINISHED ACADEMIC LIFE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir. welcome to unemployment [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].