Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Actually spoke to somebody competent at Party about Speeds

Please don't hate Party, they Rule and ...

<----------- ur the guy getting the kicking.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:48 AM

Wow, how did I miss all this? I have cut down on my reading to focus more on my play. And I was having this weird button problem, so I was researching the software forum trying to find one of the "mouseless" options to see if that would fix it. All the while thinking it was my computer or my router that was the problem. Unfrickenbelievable.

So anyway, I call support and get past the first person who wants me to clear my cookies, fix my hardware accelerator etc.

So the second one gets on and honestly tells me this is the first complaint they have had. I lost it and told her no, you have known about it for at least 2 weeks. She backtracks and mumbles a few things and tells me it is the first she has heard about it...from me. WOW. Then she looks into something, and comments that I seem to win alot of the tournaments that I am playing, so she doesnt see how I can be having a problem. LOL.

Anyway, she offers me $20, which I squawk about and ups it to $50 in a show of good will. I take the money but reserve my right to complain for more via email. She oks that deal and notices I usually play 4-6 tables (which she says is a lot for any computer to handle) and tells me not to play more than 2 tables at a time until they get this resolved.

I'm halfway done with the August Sizzler promotion. Now I dont think it is worth finishing if I can only play 2 at a time. Maybe I'll move up and "focus" more to keep my hourly winrate the same. Dont see that working out.

Thanks for listening. as;kdjghqe;iruh
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, how did I miss all this? I have cut down on my reading to focus more on my play. And I was having this weird button problem, so I was researching the software forum trying to find one of the "mouseless" options to see if that would fix it. All the while thinking it was my computer or my router that was the problem. Unfrickenbelievable.

So anyway, I call support and get past the first person who wants me to clear my cookies, fix my hardware accelerator etc.

So the second one gets on and honestly tells me this is the first complaint they have had. I lost it and told her no, you have known about it for at least 2 weeks. She backtracks and mumbles a few things and tells me it is the first she has heard about it...from me. WOW. Then she looks into something, and comments that I seem to win alot of the tournaments that I am playing, so she doesnt see how I can be having a problem. LOL.

Anyway, she offers me $20, which I squawk about and ups it to $50 in a show of good will. I take the money but reserve my right to complain for more via email. She oks that deal and notices I usually play 4-6 tables (which she says is a lot for any computer to handle) and tells me not to play more than 2 tables at a time until they get this resolved.

I'm halfway done with the August Sizzler promotion. Now I dont think it is worth finishing if I can only play 2 at a time. Maybe I'll move up and "focus" more to keep my hourly winrate the same. Dont see that working out.

[/ QUOTE ]

try this
Old 08-15-2006, 03:15 AM

AMT - I tried that, and it didn't work for me.

buttons still disappear after awhile.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes: F Party. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 AM

So it's probably not going to help but I sent them an email today and hope everybody does the same. If you cannot be bothered to write an email you can just copy this one if you like.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam

It's been a few weeks now since various players including me have been advised to not play the speed tournaments on more than one table at a time because of a software issue - that caused the action buttons to sometimes disappear (not all staff seems to be aware of this issue so in case you are not please forward this to a technical team thank you).

Following your recommandations I am not playing the speed sit n goes anymore but would like to be able to do so and am surprised that the problem hasn't been fixed by now. Could you let me know what the progress has been on the issue and if/when you intend to have it fixed.

Thank you for your reply

PS:You are of course aware that the rake for a speed tournament is the same than a regular tournament, and the fact that all the big volume players have now moved to either the regulars or a different website cannot please you...
Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 PM

Not that it means anything but I got a reply. Don't flam I am just sharing, take it for what it is, a PP VIP Customer Service response.

---------------------

Dear Nicolas,

Our technical team informed us that the problem will be resolve within 72h.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Regards,

Nicolas
PartyPoker Customer Care
Old 08-15-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it means anything but I got a reply. Don't flam I am just sharing, take it for what it is, a PP VIP Customer Service response.

---------------------

Dear Nicolas,

Our technical team informed us that the problem will be resolve within 72h.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Regards,

Nicolas
PartyPoker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh CRAP.

Their standard promise (i.e., lie) has changed from "24 hours" to "72 hours".

This is a very bad sign. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their standard promise (i.e., lie) has changed from "24 hours" to "72 hours".

[/ QUOTE ]

= "we have no idea, and the only person that understood the problem no longer works here. Dikshit has taken personal charge of the issue, and we are all too afraid to tell him he's a clueless idiot"
Old 08-15-2006, 06:42 PM

Silly, didn't you hear it's going to be fixed on 'Friday'?

Enjoy!