FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Stressing out

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you are stressing out just watch this:
How Bush bounces off criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you do not realize that it's an anti-Bush little program , taken from the weblog of an anti-Bush guy.

Nice going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is anti-Bush, but we can all laugh at it.

Pat Schroeder coined the term "teflon President" for Reagan, but that doesn't bother me either.

Maybe the fact that real people see that Bush gets criticized unfairly and start to ignore additional criticism from critics like you, bothers you. Does it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ps - if you click and drag on Bush you can make him move yourself (in addition to the effects of gravity).Fun page linked again.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Commander-in-Chief poll

[ QUOTE ]

Holy sarcasm? , Batman!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 01-05-2006, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
About 96-98% of the posters here are extremely knowledgable about the Iraqi combat battalions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And they are not shy about expressing their opinions either. Most with great authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2006, 03:49 AM

If only we could get this jackass to say something under oath. The media might find it a little harder to ignore a Bush lie after he's convicted of perjury.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 AM

Default Bushbushbush

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the fact that real people see that Bush gets criticized unfairly and start to ignore additional criticism from critics like you, bothers you. Does it?

[/ QUOTE ] Bush got re-elected. Ignoring any potential hanky panky in the electoral process, this in itself should be a depressing phenomenon. But I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, it affirms the gullibility of a large number of people, even people who should know better. (Hell, even His Cosmic Brilliancy, David Sklansky himself, sent Dubya's way a campaign contribution check for two grand!) This is bad.

On the other hand, whenever I sit at a poker table, there is this underlying assurance that people can generally be suckered into a losing proposition more easily than they realize. This is good!

I mean, I sometimes imagine a world full of tight-aggressive, no-nonsense folks, people who would see through the crap and delegate Bush to a locker room towel boy job (at best) -- and I shudder. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2006, 07:04 AM

Your sarcasm was obvious - and duly noted. Don't worry. But you did miss the fact that this poll is NOT about military knowledge.

How did you vote ?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Bushbushbush

[ QUOTE ]
(Hell, even His Cosmic Brilliancy, David Sklansky himself, sent Dubya's way a campaign contribution check for two grand!) This is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]Sklansky's just one of these people. I'm sure he hasn't been duped into thinking Bush is himself a good President or anything.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Bushbushbush

[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky's just one of these people. I'm sure he hasn't been duped into thinking Bush is himself a good President or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be a personal attack on David Sklansky. You should repost this comment in the religion/philosophy forum so David has a chance to reply.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
President Bush said Wednesday that Iraqi forces will shoulder more of the responsibility in 2006.

'Today, 125 [Iraqi] combat battalions are fighting the enemy, and 50 of those are in the lead,' the president said. 'That's progress.'

On the basis of what the American Commander-in-Chief stated yesterday about the battle readiness of the Iraqi armed forces, what do you think about those numbers ?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the right answer and what do you know about this subject? BTW, I don't care what you "think" about this, what do you know?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:16 PM

As of now, a staggering 34 out of 44 believe the president is exaggerating or wildly exaggerating when making such claims. Amazing. I guess I'm gullible; I voted "precise"!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]