Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

Couldn't it be that someone broke in planning on robbing them and then freaked and ran after shooting him?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but apparently Taylor likes spitting on people.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't it be that someone broke in planning on robbing them and then freaked and ran after shooting him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course its possible, but cutting phone lines and not stealing anything and clearly being willing to shoot on first chance add up to a probable assassination. That is all that I said but apparently that really upset people. Taylor's family also has said that they think it was an intentional attempt to hurt/kill Taylor. I dont understand why people are arguing against this, we obviously know that it might not be the case, you dont need to write it out.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This makes me sick.

I have never really gotten upset about a 2+2 post before, but Dids you are so far out of line here its unbelievable. I think you should be permabanned for that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who understands what Dids was trying to say here? It may have not come the way he wanted it to or in the context he meant it, but I understood completely and the only thing I got out of it is "There is more to the media misperception of him as a bad guy than just the gun incident". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] As I read it, the comment was why the some in the media felt the way they did.

Fair or unfair, but spitting incidents will always follow someone whether it be Robbie Alomar or Bill Romanowski and also look like a vile act, regardless of how great a person is otherwise.
RIP, very sad for the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Not that I expect most of the simpletons that read this site and engage in the usual hysterical moaning when horrible stuff like this happens to be able to understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this post is almost as bad as your first one imo. We all say stupid things from time to time, myself included.

But regardless of whether or not you think your comment out of line, its clear to you that you offended a lot of people who are grieving right now. You then had the choice of either just apologizing and making things right or defending yourself. You not only chose the latter, but you also deemed it necessary to insult those who were offended.

Theres a time and place for these things man. I'm probably like you in that I'm not too emotional and usually rely upon my logical side rather than my emotional side. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have respect for the majority who are more emotional. If someone you loved died of a heart attack, do you think it'd be ok for my first PUBLIC response to be "Well, he did eat a lot of junk food"?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM

I've heard on local DC news that the phone lines were not cut, but rather the phones were not working and had not been working before the murder occurred. This is according to Taylor's attorney Richard Sharpstein.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This makes me sick.

I have never really gotten upset about a 2+2 post before, but Dids you are so far out of line here its unbelievable. I think you should be permabanned for that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who understands what Dids was trying to say here? It may have not come the way he wanted it to or in the context he meant it, but I understood completely and the only thing I got out of it is "There is more to the media misperception of him as a bad guy than just the gun incident". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] As I read it, the comment was why the some in the media felt the way they did.

Fair or unfair, but spitting incidents will always follow someone whether it be Robbie Alomar or Bill Romanowski and also look like a vile act, regardless of how great a person is otherwise.
RIP, very sad for the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Not that I expect most of the simpletons that read this site and engage in the usual hysterical moaning when horrible stuff like this happens to be able to understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this post is almost as bad as your first one imo. We all say stupid things from time to time, myself included.

But regardless of whether or not you think your comment out of line, its clear to you that you offended a lot of people who are grieving right now. You then had the choice of either just apologizing and making things right or defending yourself. You not only chose the latter, but you also deemed it necessary to insult those who were offended.

Theres a time and place for these things man. I'm probably like you in that I'm not too emotional and usually rely upon my logical side rather than my emotional side. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have respect for the majority who are more emotional. If someone you loved died of a heart attack, do you think it'd be ok for my first PUBLIC response to be "Well, he did eat a lot of junk food"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Assani's so upset that the countdown ended. Apparently, it was minutes left before Assani got pissy at Dids.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM

[dids] dids is sucking pretty hard in this thread imo [/dids]
Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RIP

its sad how little wrong a black man has to do to be considered some sort of thug/gangster, etc. dude was from a middle class family and his dad is a police chief. he had one run in with someone who he thought had stolen his property and so many people are quick to think he must have brought it upon himself when he's gunned down in his own house

[/ QUOTE ]

so friggin true. The ESPN column about Taylor "turning his life around" is a complete joke/insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a lot of factors as to why he was viewed this way. First off, obviously he made some mistakes when he was younger. I think its tough to critisize someone who is young and has a ton of money and fame though. We all make mistakes when we're young.

Secondly, I'm sure race was/is an issue.

Third, the fact that he never talked to the media and was generall quiet off the field isn't going to help.

Fourth, the image of Miami football program("thug U") I'm sure didn't help.

Fifth, although unfair, people will see his on field destruction and huge hits and assume things solely based upon that despite how stupid that may be.

In the end, I'm sure he was far from perfect. But I can't get over how unfair it is for someone to not get a chance to "become an adult" and grow and learn from their mistakes. I'm reminded of someone like Steve Smith of the Panthers who had a similar reputation coming into the league and has really turned into a fine role model. And as I said earlier, its really unfair for us to judge his past as we have no clue how we'd react if we were suddenly young, rich, and famous with seemingly the world at our feet.

Reading the quotes from many of his teamates and friends is very saddening....

Pete Kendall

"The thing that stood out to me about Sean was after our first game here, the home opener against the Dolphins, we were in the player's parking lot afterwards and I have three young kids and my two boys are big football fans and they were really struck and impressed with Sean Taylor and to actually meet him. Sean actually spent some time [with them]. He didn't just sign a book and send them on their way, but talked to them. As a father that stood out to me. That made probably the biggest impact on me. "

Jason Campbell

"If you just look at him from the way that he's changed in the last year, it's just been outstanding to have the opportunity to spend time with him because he's just a special person.

Jeremy Shockey

"He was kind of a wild child, like myself, but life changed for Sean after he had his baby girl. Fatherhood really changed him. He grew up and matured. That baby (daughter Jackie) had transformed his life. Working out with him during the offseason, I witnessed a change. You could see it like night and day. I feel so bad for the family."

Sinorice Moss

"It's a tough time for me right now. Sean was really like a brother to me. We were classmates and teammates and UM and he was a guy that just loved football and loved being around his friends. I feel for his family. I know his dad real well, and I feel for his baby girl. He was so proud of his little girls, and it's just so sad that he's no longer here and won't be able to see her grow up. The whole UM family is hurting right now."

Joel Rodriguez

'It's strange,'' said Joel Rodriguez, who played with Taylor at UM for three seasons and last saw Taylor in February before the Pro Bowl. ``For being as visible and flamboyant a player as he is on the field, he is very reserved and soft-spoken off it. It's not what you'd expect from a guy with that type of talent and mean streak.
``He is very, very quiet and very much one of the guys who blended into the framework of the team. He never tried to dominate the locker room. He was friendly, a good teammate. He never missed practice, showed up on time, went to class.''

Buck Ortega

''I don't have a clue what happened,'' said Ortega, who packed his bags to go to New Orleans and hurried from his home in Delray Beach to stop at Jackson Memorial before he left. ``He was a great roommate and a great friend. He was respectful, no problems at all. We used to fish together, play video games, ride around and go out to eat. He's a quiet kid, never went around bragging.''

Richard Sharpstein

''My two daughters were cheerleaders there,'' Sharpstein said. ``Sean was a mild-mannered, soft-spoken, polite, pleasant, wonderful kid. When parents were around and we'd be raising money through bake sales or whatever, Sean was always helpful. He was not what you'd think of as some egocentric athlete. I've represented some athletes with big heads. They think the world owes them everything. This is not Sean.''

Clinton Portis

"It's hard to expect a man to grow up overnight," said Redskins teammate and close friend Clinton Portis, who also played with Taylor at the University of Miami. "But ever since he had his child, it was like a new Sean, and everybody around here knew it. He was always smiling, always happy, always talking about his child."

James Thrash

"From the first day I met him, from then to now, it's just like night and day," Redskins receiver James Thrash said. "He's really got his head on his shoulders and has been doing really well as far as just being a man. It's been awesome to see that growth."."
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 PM

apparently clinton is wearing #21 on sunday and for the rest of the season
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM

RIP

I'm not a 'skins fan but this still leaves a sick feeling in my stomach