Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Help my horse (and me)

[ QUOTE ]

I guess a 3rd thing to. One other option is to spread money on both sites. Take advantage of ft's sign up bonus and rb and learn 6max there. Learn fr on stars and take advantage of the fpps and obv if you are at both sites you have the max game selction possible.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like the battle plan, fading towards FTP due to the rakeback and my love of shorthanded poker.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt: hero raises, villan # 1 re-raises, villan #2 4 bets, hero pushes, villan #1 calls, villan #2 calls. Hero shows AK, villan #1 shows 55, villan #2 shows 66.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we've found the cure for erectile dysfunction.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 PM

Will you coach me? You have a blue name so you must be good or something.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know I haven't run into any bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have.

thanks for the comments on set farmers and the ftp games. i too feel that any set farmer who does not mix in a fair bluffing freqeuncy is toast to a decent player, so hopefully my horse will run over a few of them 3BB at a time. we'll show everyone how to clobber a set farmer -- and how the set farmer can adjust -- but not in volume 1.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Matt,

Please be sure to pass on to your horse that he is indeed a lucky horse (maybe cos he wears 4 horseshoes - having a piece of lucky nailed to each foot can't be bad.) Getting coached by someone Mason considers qualified enough to write an SSNL book must do good things to your EV.

If you don't need your poker brain anymore - can I borrow it for about 2k hands a day? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the compliment. you don't want my brain for 2K hands. it wanders too easily and cannot say no to a pretty waitress.

[ QUOTE ]
PS how DO you play AK?? - I swear I'd have a better winrate if I open folded it everytime - something must be wrong there.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you write a poem?

despite the zen koan sound of that statement, fact is you can win with AK in several different ways. sunny and i play AK very differently. but sunny's got me coming around to his way of thinking. it's his way we'll present in the book, subject to the overarching grand theory of medium and short-stack no-limit. plus his way is really fun.

man i want you guys to make money off the ideas in the book.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS how DO you play AK?? - I swear I'd have a better winrate if I open folded it everytime - something must be wrong there

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you had the nerve to ask that, because I struggle with it as well. If I ever figure it out, I'll write a poohbah post on it. Ironically enough, I'm good with JJ and 76s. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be very interested to know if Small Cards changes your play of 76s. when we get to that chapter in the study group / seminar, let me know ok?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you coach me? You have a blue name so you must be good or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't currently give private lessons (horse excepted) because i am so busy with job and family and book and poker. however, once volume 1 comes out, you will get to pick my brain right here in SSNL. Sunny's too.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know I haven't run into any bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to hear you elaborate on this.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:52 AM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]
fact is you can win with AK in several different ways. sunny and i play AK very differently. but sunny's got me coming around to his way of thinking. it's his way we'll present in the book, subject to the overarching grand theory of medium and short-stack no-limit. plus his way is really fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, actually I do play it "Matt's" way sometimes when different external factors call for different lines....but don't worry folks, it'll all be explained in the book....I know you guys understand that how to play a particular starting hand often has a lot to do with factors other than the cards themselves....as Matt mentioned, sometimes asking a blanket question about "this or that starting hand" is like asking how to write a poem.....

(oh, and PS- as for the coaching thing, I'll be offering it in a few months after we finish the book, so y'all can contact me then)
Old 01-06-2007, 04:01 AM

damnit, i coulda written a book!

j/k.....when it coming out again?
do you guys still play ssnl?