Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 08-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Honestly Aba just wanted to share how good this device is

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Goldvish Illusion = balla
iPhone = donk

[/ QUOTE ]

By balla, I think you meant sucka -- in a russian mafia/arab oil sheik kind of way.

What do you do in two years, when the phone functionality gets superceded? Keep using outdated technology, just to keep your bling?

[/ QUOTE ]

You throw it on the pile and buy a new one because your balla.

Have fun with your iPhone in two years when it doesnt work and you have to deal with the always helpful apple support.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Goldvish Illusion = balla
iPhone = donk

[/ QUOTE ]

By balla, I think you meant sucka -- in a russian mafia/arab oil sheik kind of way.

What do you do in two years, when the phone functionality gets superceded? Keep using outdated technology, just to keep your bling?

[/ QUOTE ]

You throw it on the pile and buy a new one because your balla.

Have fun with your iPhone in two years when it doesnt work and you have to deal with the always helpful apple support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who keeps phones for 2 years?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else smell some commercial influence in this blog entry?

iphone

I got the iphone about 2 weeks ago and I must say it is an amazing phone. The service sucks with AT&T but the phone is so amazing. I have never had a PDA and was always weary of getting one. I must say the iphone has lived up to the hype. It is very convenient being able to check my email quickly, browse the web, find driving directions, or listen to some music. Also the interface is very user friendly and fast. I would really recommend anyone in the PDA market getting one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much anyone who owns an IPhone is delusional. Its really that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't read that guys page in forever, thanks. Sucks I only missed like 4 entries.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Software upgrades = $$$$
..Hacking phone to play mp3's, why? Why not just buy a better phone that does it without hacking it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apple's software upgrades usually = free or tiny $, not $$$$.

It's interesting that so many people on this thread think if you don't buy the phone that works best for them, you are stupid. I'll be the first to admit if you do lots of typing, any full size keyboard is much better than the Iphone's virtual keyboard. If you use your phone in the car a lot, you'll be pretty frustrated until they get voice recognition working. Frankly the IPhone isn't a great phone, and if that's all you want you should skip it. It's a great multifunction device so you don't have to carry two devices, while still remaining thin and small (unlike some of the battleship sized keyboard phones touted here).

Not having to carry a separate Ipod is great, as is not having to work with MP3s. I like that it works with my existing IPod library of music and ITunes, which also has a decent selection of movies and TV shows and you have a screen big enough to actually watch them. I love the map even without GPS, it's easy to enter your location and it instantly locates nearby gas stations/restaurants/whatever you ask. The calendar is better than my desktop calendar. I love that it syncs all my photos from my pc and has a screen big enough your friends can actually see them. But mainly it's got the best screen and hence best browser on a cell phone, and a decent mail client with a great mail viewer.

This is just like the original Macintosh, though less hyped. Apple releases a breakthrough device but it's not for everyone. Nitty nerds rip on it before they've even used one (how can you not have a command line!!!). Apple clearly pushed the phone out as soon as the hardware was ready, but before all the software was finished. My expectations are they'll release an update in three to six months that will address lots of these issues and it will either be free or $49. They'll also be releasing a cheap Nano based phone and within a year or so an IPhone with a better camera/GPS/and more storage that will continue to broaden the appeal.

Either way I don't care about the cost much. A "free" cell phone would cost me $2k over the next 2 years just for service. I'm happy spending a little extra to get the latest and greatest when available.

Oh, and I've had Windows Mobile and Treo devices. They both suck, and they both crash and lockup. Something that hasn't happened yet (knock on wood) with my IPhone.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much anyone who owns an IPhone is delusional. Its really that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bought my iPhone in a moment of "gotta-have-it-itis" that I then spread like cooties to my bf and friends.

Today, I spent 3 hours with my Mac guy while he restored my Address Book on both the laptop & iPhone.
Why?
Who the hey knows other than the other day (after it was working good on and off with occasional moments of "I will now shut down sporadically even though you have loaded the new 1.1 software on me") I plugged it into my laptop to charge and a message window came up with some msg (wasn't really paying attention - my first mistake) such as "This sync will change more than 5% of your contacts" - next thing I know...
No contacts in iPhone. No contacts in laptop.
Yes, I am foolish and had not backed up my Address Book in weeks.
Imagine my disappointment.

Regardless... On my show there are 4 ppl with brand new iPhones. Mine has had a problem. Another guy's just went totally dark the other day and nothing will light it up (it's not just the battery - but thx tech support!). The other 2 people have had not a single problem. I find 50% a poor reliability number and though it has it's pluses, and also whether or not Brian is endorsing this phone, I wish I had waited.