Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 88 84.62%
(16) The World is Not Enough 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

We already knew he sucks at poker. But are we gonna ignore the fact that he IS running below expectation in allin luck over this sample?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id like to see evryone who has posted in this threads lifetime winnings (OBV besides the few BIG winners I know)

I guarantee its worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been at least a dozen big winners posting in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

beyond that, others aren't parading around as god's gift to poker

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of something Ebert said about Rob Schneider in a review of 'European Gigolo':

[ QUOTE ]
The movie created a spot of controversy last February. According to a story by Larry Carroll of MTV News, Rob Schneider took offense when Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times listed this year's Best Picture Nominees and wrote that they were "ignored, unloved and turned down flat by most of the same studios that ... bankroll hundreds of sequels, including a follow-up to 'Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,' a film that was sadly overlooked at Oscar time because apparently nobody had the foresight to invent a category for Best Running Penis Joke Delivered by a Third-Rate Comic."

Schneider retaliated by attacking Goldstein in full-page ads in Daily Variety and the Hollywood Reporter. In an open letter to Goldstein, Schneider wrote: "Well, Mr. Goldstein, I decided to do some research to find out what awards you have won. I went online and found that you have won nothing. Absolutely nothing. No journalistic awards of any kind ... Maybe you didn't win a Pulitzer Prize because they haven't invented a category for Best Third-Rate, Unfunny Pompous Reporter Who's Never Been Acknowledged by His Peers."

Reading this, I was about to observe that Schneider can dish it out but he can't take it. Then I found he's not so good at dishing it out, either. I went online and found that Patrick Goldstein has won a National Headliner Award, a Los Angeles Press Club Award, a RockCritics.com award, and the Publicists' Guild award for lifetime achievement.

Schneider was nominated for a 2000 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, but lost to Jar-Jar Binks.

But Schneider is correct, and Patrick Goldstein has not yet won a Pulitzer Prize. Therefore, Goldstein is not qualified to complain that Columbia financed "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" while passing on the opportunity to participate in "Million Dollar Baby," "Ray," "The Aviator," "Sideways" and "Finding Neverland." As chance would have it, I have won the Pulitzer Prize, and so I am qualified. Speaking in my official capacity as a Pulitzer Prize winner, Mr. Schneider, your movie sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id like to see evryone who has posted in this threads lifetime winnings (OBV besides the few BIG winners I know)

I guarantee its worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been at least a dozen big winners posting in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow A dozen out of Oh wait let me count. Im not defending dude just saying most people talking [censored] dont have a right.

I didn't pown Hevad Khan it was just a cooler that magically went my way.

I love how when hand histories of my hands are posted people immediately have nothing to say so they have to start jumping to other conclusions like Im getting killed in $60 pots when they have no evidence of that at all.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:04 AM

I don't know why I'm fighting with these people regarding my play. I respect the poker strategy of like less than ten people at this site, probably around ten and those are the only people I should be worried about talking poker with or reading their advice.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone gets me the hand histories, I can import them into PokerTracker 3 and give you a nice looking graph.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this PT3 and is it available to the public? oh, and thread delivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT3 is PokerTracker 3. It's the next generation currently under development. You can read more information here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

I just posted a screenshot of the current graphs in PT3, so you'll have an idea of what the graph will look like.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:06 AM

I hate to spoil the party here again fellas but this whole thing was supposed to be about how whether he really runs bad or not, we already knew he sucked. That first graph is totally meaningless in telling us how he runs and the lucktab actually has him running bad (but not terrible) over the sample.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
biggest pots won and lost may be fun and all but probably won't prove too much. FGators problem is that he is losing too many 40-60bb pots and also not turning enough 20bb pots into 40-60bb pots when he has the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you read Clayton's post too, nice.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to spoil the party here again fellas but this whole thing was supposed to be about how whether he really runs bad or not, we already knew he sucked. That first graph is totally meaningless in telling us how he runs and the lucktab actually has him running bad (but not terrible) over the sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

If aba20 was forced to sit behind FGators and tell him how to play for his entire 1.3 million 200nl and 400nl hand sample, FGators would have made probably six figures before FPPs and bonuses.

Instead he's a losing player before FPPs and bonuses.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So you read Clayton's post too, nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw LucidDream is a regular contributor in MSNL and from what little I know of him, he's a strong enough player to make this statement on his own opinion with nothing to do with my contributions.