Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 AM

Default Re: PokerStars: Please fix your annoying-as-hell lobby window

[ QUOTE ]
uh, how can you people not know what the annoyance is? Do you not play on stars?

Everytime you join a table, the lobby resets to the top of the list, so you have to scroll back down to whatever limit you were playing to join another table. Im sooooooooooooooooo glad this is getting fixed cuz it drives me freaking insane

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really all? Just make your lobby extend from the top of the screen to the bottom(its sizeable) and don't be a low limit fish, and you'll have no problems.

100,819 and counting
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok cool. This thread got off to a bad start. But yes, the lobby on PokerStars is flawed. Here are some additional gripes in order of increasing annoyance:

1. Auto-minimize lobby after opening table. Why? I can understand if you are only going to open just one table thus the lobby minimizes instantly, but who only opens one table? Pain in the ass for us multitablers. Just leave the lobby alone.
2. Auto-resort. I think this is the OP's original gripe and it is valid.
3. Inability to filter by limit/blind level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes and yes.

I emailed them right away when this happened and got the same reply as OP. So annoying. I am sure that there has been at least 1 update and possibly 2 since this problem started happening because I remember seeing the new software box pop up and I thought YESSSSSSS!!!! but no.

Also just realized that I can resize the lobby window and make it as tall as my screen=less scrolling (edit: did not read the last post). I R S-M-R-T. Of course I never needed to find this out until they messed it up.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are some additional gripes in order of increasing annoyance:

1. Auto-minimize lobby after opening table. Why? I can understand if you are only going to open just one table thus the lobby minimizes instantly, but who only opens one table? Pain in the ass for us multitablers. Just leave the lobby alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a nutshell, server performance. When your lobby is minimized, the list of games, hands per hour, %flop, average pot, players seated, etc isn't being updated. All data flow to the lobby stops when the lobby is minimized. By forcing a minimized lobby once you're in a game, the hardware requirements needed to run the games are greatly reduced.

As to "who opens only just one table", I know this is preaching to the choir... but mostly, people who don't read this list (i.e. the vast majority of players).

This one really is necessary.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Auto-resort. I think this is the OP's original gripe and it is valid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the OP's original gripe. The original gripe has to do with the focus/highlighted game (which jumps back to the top of the list once the table minimizes -- but shortly will no longer do so, and will stay on the game you left it on between minimize/restores).

[ QUOTE ]
3. Inability to filter by limit/blind level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right-click on any header at the top of the game list, such as "Stakes". That's been there for 2+ years.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Another feature that this audience has been requesting for some time, and which is in this version now, is that players can no longer "blink" into a seat they cannot afford.

i.e. if there's an open seat at $25-$50 NLH, and Barry Greenstein is sitting in, random players have been known to quickly occupy that seat to get a screen shot, even though they may not have the minimum buy-in on hand to actually claim the seat.

This will no longer be possible. You will now have to have the minimum buy-in to join the table, or the waiting list.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 PM

If I want to look at 3/6 and 5/10 limit only on the same page I don't think I can do that with the current filter set-up.
I think that's what he might be getting at but I'm not sure.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right-click on any header at the top of the game list, such as "Stakes". That's been there for 2+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort =/= Filter!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:56 PM

Hi Jeff

A really handy filter option would be to hide tables seated at.

For multi-tablers, that would unclutter the lobby and make table selection much easier.

chez
Old 11-08-2007, 05:00 PM

or just highlight in a different color the tables you are seated at. This would be even better imo.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or just highlight in a different color the tables you are seated at. This would be even better imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the lobby worked perfectly that would be fine but given the way tables jump around I'd rather they just weren't there (or stuck at the bottom of the lobby). It might be a problem if they don't come back quickly when we leave a table as it would make it difficult to change seats.

either would be very nice.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They already have this ability bob, just press ALT+F4 while in the client to turn it on [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(yes im still bitter that im a retard)