Villain is very aggressive.
His 2Barreling Range is very wide here.

Pacific Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

I have 4383$ Villain covers
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $80</font>, Hero calls $70, BB folds.

Flop160$) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $140</font>, Hero calls.

Turn440$) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $420</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1800</font>.

Hmm im not really sure about the raise size.
Raising smaller on the turn and pushing all non pairing river is probably better right?
Is this ok anyway?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: NL 10/20 Deep

Hate it, its soo bad to get $4000 in on the turn in a $400 pot. Given stack sizes I think i'd just check/call the turn, although lead/3b shoving would be alright also if you think he raises a lead with air a lot. This is just a silly way to price yourself into a shove and put yourself in a terrible spot.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM

agree with above, also maybe c/r flop and c/r turn AI would be an ok line if you want to semibluff here
Old 08-27-2007, 04:57 PM

If he's really that aggro I might just like a call and a check-raise on the river if you hit.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:26 PM

Raise size is too much. You want him to think his pair is beaten or his SCB is caught or his draw is worth pursuing (see below). I actually think it's a fine time to semi-bluff as the 8 probably didn't help him. Exactly JT might be a little hard to believe, but you want to communicate you have *something*. Huge raise like this does not look like JT at all. Aggressive player in position thinks, "That smells weak... I can take that." I'd flat call with a wide range in his spot and see what I catch and what you do on the river. Aggressive players don't like *calling* with 2nd pair or worse - shouldn't take a big raise to get him off a hand like that.

Why do you want him to pursue a draw? Well, if it's a flush draw it should be pretty obvious. You don't mind a straight draw either, though. If your flush hits you value bet - hopefully he's got enough (like a straight!) to call you. If your flush misses you bluff; if he missed his straight being out of position is actually an advantage. If you miss and he hits it doesn't hurt you any more than if he had TP.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call and a check-raise on the river if you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Don't like this at all for reasons stated above. I don't mind calling and checking all rivers. I kinda like the double c/rai here if you can pull it off.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate it, its soo bad to get $4000 in on the turn in a $400 pot. Given stack sizes I think i'd just check/call the turn, although lead/3b shoving would be alright also if you think he raises a lead with air a lot. This is just a silly way to price yourself into a shove and put yourself in a terrible spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, but Im not even sure he priced himself in assuming his 3 ace outs are dead most of the time all the money gets in. He would still have to make a bad call on the guy to try to get there. I dont think there is any possible non retarded way for him to commit himself on this turn. Just check and call for sure, getting played off this hand would be just sick.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM

I don't like any steet.
Reraise PF to ~260-300, bet the flop.

As played I like a check-raise on the flop.. now that you've called I like either a turn donk if he is not coming over the top a lot and might fold out weaker pairs.. I like a check-call if he is super loose and will stack off with many holdings when a T or club would hit.
I like a check-raise if he is never bluffcalling nor pushing with weaker holdings / good but not great holdings.
If you check-raise then make it 9xx - 13xx max. I think 1800 is WAAAAY too much.. if he shoves you are [censored].. getting these odds folding or calling is both very spewy. Calling is incorrect, you need around 27% equity and you have barely 24%...

I think you should sit in my games and play that way.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Hmm ya i agree my turnraisesize really sucks bigtime but i dont think c/c turn is good here.

With c/c turn my hand really looks like a draw which means that i rarely get paid if i hit and often get bluffed if i dont.

I think that the double c/r is probably a pretty awesome line against this Villain.