Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

Again, obviously, if he knows he's the mark, then fine. But if someone is being coached during the game, or working with others, without revealing that information, that is clearly not ethical, IMO. But hey, it's a free country, people can disagree. It's similar to using nonverbal cues to signal to a partner at the table in a live game what to do (scratching the nose means "fold", etc.).
Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM

"Too many chefs".
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I think that in poker, I'd prefer to play a headsup match against 3 people of equal strength colluding, than one player.

This is very pronounced in blitz chess, when working together with 2-3 people, assuming all are relatively equal strength, generally produces worse results than just playing normally because all the differing viewpoints can be really distracting. At least this has always been my experience.

Whenever I have played poker with someone watching me, it drives me completely insane when they try to give advice that's contrary to what I'm about to do. It's simply impossible to focus when you only have so much time to make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its helpful, just people shouldn't argue that much on routine stuff. Before making a move in blitz "Watch b7."

Same applies in poker, you go to bet the river "Dude he never folds here." Think it can prevent you from doing something stupid.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 PM

It's the grease makes us get along,
what separates us from the animals, beasts of
burden, beasts of prey. Ethics.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

they do play him sometimes, im pretty sure there's a hand in HSNL right now that Krantz played vs PA, genius played him recently too i think. Its just that game selection is super important HU. [ QUOTE ]
i meant that this is a huge advantage for them playing as a team, againts 1, in "heads up" match, which supposed to be 1-on-1, and not 2-on-1 (maybe even more), and it's not like it is 2, 0.25/0.50 players,againts a 300/600 player.
it's like putting 2 of the best 20 chess players againts 1 Kasparov, i'm pretty sure they will put money in, if that kind of match was offered, and will beat him together.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is one thing to challange just for the challange, like Kasparov did, and other is to play on these amounts of money on the line.
the main difference is that Kasparov played againts amatures, as called "donks" by the poker world terms, and here there are 2 pros doing it againts one "donk", it's just not make any logic. and it was unethical even if they were doing it againts PA or any other top pro, which for sure they did before.
I'm sure if u were playing HU againts someone, and after losing was found that u played againts two or more people, u were feeling raped.
There was a time during the match tie was asking DaEvils on the chat : "i need a 10 minuts break, is it ok ? ", and it seemed like it is a very wealthy person who knows he is playing top players and just try to keep it ethical, telling by that he is not "hit and run".
And maybe cause of all the noise around tie is gone, maybe he is not the greatest poker player in the world, but he know to read and understand what is going on.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did CTS team up too?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? show some restraint before randomly bringing someone else's name out to try to drag through the mud

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you are opposed to those who tag teams HU?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:52 PM

Ansky,

"I have gotten pissed in the past when I played someone who I thought was someone else... but I coach"

Anyone who coaches by giving players real-time advice on how best to play their hands has no business getting mad at people playing under different names.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 AM

Diablo,

If you are on a different name, would you agree it's a d-bag move if I ask you "Have we played before" for you to deny it?