Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: weird situation. is there any ethics consideration here?

call then push river. end topic

seriously.. haven't you ever heard the saying no good deed goes unpunished?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Best all around outcome is that you shove and then show him your hand and take the pot and all the money he put into it. Then you still get to look like the nice guy AND you get like 40% of his stack. WIN WIN.

Seriously though, I probably just tell him that I have him beat and shove and let him do whatever he wants.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Push and say "I wouldn't call if I were you."

When you stack him you can say "I told you so" and there will be no hard feelings.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM

All the idiots that just say push have no social skills. Push and show ur hand before he calls.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:51 PM

I think it's unfair that usu this is a cooler and you'd get paid off but now you are forced into a sit where you are giving some of his money back.

The only thing I would consider would be to say that this is a cooler before shoving and let him decide whether he is in fact ahead or not.

ppl come to the table to play Poker. These type of antics should only effect the person's game that choose to act this way. He wants to play like this then fine but don't feel morally obliged to stop playing Poker and let that impact on your hourly rate!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you and your new buddy were chopping this would never have happened ha.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 3-handed. Chopping would be kinda silly, wouldn't it?

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed the 3 handed.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:59 PM

All the idiots that just say push have no social skills. Push and show ur hand before he calls.

You are so wrong. The whistle hasn't blown yet. Decleat this guy. And if you want to get social with him pick up his mouthpiece for him and explain to him that he should keep his head on a swivel at ALL times.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if generosity is his motivation. a lot of live players pull this [censored] because they are variance-averse and have decided that they don't want to be greedy and are happy to win $X than possibly lose a pot of $X * 2, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

dumbest post ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm I talk with terp a lot and he generally has pretty good insight into the psychology that bad players use at the table. You don't see people make retarded bets because the pot's "big enough already" and they're "happy to take it down?" This is some basic home poker [censored] dude.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:43 PM

i understand his mentality. there are a lot of guys at the poker table that are just there to socialize. they often softplay against certain people. for some reason, I have a likeable table image and often these guys softplay when in a pot against me. they won't bluff me, and often will do everything they can to let me know when they have a monster.

this is obviously profitable for me, and keeping this guy happy and friendly will be profitable for you. i don't throw money away though. in this situation i would reraise all in. when he asks, "you have the nuts?" i say, "yes." i wouldn't show my cards.

also, i never show bluffs against these guys, and always keep it friendly. (obviously i'm usually going to destroy these guys because i bluff them a decent amount and never pay them off.) you should do the same.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if generosity is his motivation. a lot of live players pull this [censored] because they are variance-averse and have decided that they don't want to be greedy and are happy to win $X than possibly lose a pot of $X * 2, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

dumbest post ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm I talk with terp a lot and he generally has pretty good insight into the psychology that bad players use at the table. You don't see people make retarded bets because the pot's "big enough already" and they're "happy to take it down?" This is some basic home poker [censored] dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

not only have i heard this line of reasoning before, it is fairly common among live players. I often see people expose their hand hu in order to get the other player to fold a worse hand. there reasoning? "the pot was big enough, i didn't want him to get lucky and hit a two outer, i didn't need his whole stack. they are gamblers trying to lock up a win. it is irrational, but most bad players are.