Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

Today I got a $500 check from Pokerstars- less than a week after I requested it. It's even drawn on a prominent US bank and issued in the name of a US corporation (won't say which bank and corporation to keep from alerting any snooping feds). I didn't have to scan my drivers license or anything.

My experience in trying to get paid by Full Tilt could not be any more different. They demanded I send them a scanned copy of my driver's license and a bill. So I drove 15 miles to a professional copy place which scanned my license on top of my bank statement. Cost me 5 bucks and more importantly a lot of hassle.

The copy store e-mailed me a .5 MB pdf file which I opened just fine on my computer- the document was clear as a bell. And yet I get the following reply:

> Hello RIGEL444
>
> Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.
>
> Unfortunately Robert when we tried to open the file there was an error.
> Please resubmit this document, please be sure that the attached document
> is no larger than 1 MB.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation, and if there's anything else we can help
> you with, please let us know.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Tracey
> Full Tilt Poker Support

Here is my reply:

FOR GOD'S SAKE I HAD THIS DOCUMENT PROFESSIONALLY SCANNED. THE FILE IS LESS THAN 500,000 bytes.

CAN YOU NOT OPEN A PDF FILE? I JUST OPENED IT AND AM LOOKING AT IT AS PLAIN AS DAY. I EVEN E-MAILED IT TO A FRIEND AND HE SAYS HE SEES IT FINE. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN'T SEE IT. I THINK YOU ARE LYING IN THE HOPES THAT I WILL GIVE UP AND KEEP MY MONEY ON FULL TILT. JUST IN CASE, I WILL SEND IT TO YOU AGAIN.

STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!

I AM GOING TO POST ABOUT YOU STEALING MY MONEY ON TWO PLUS TWO FORUMS AND EVERY OTHER FORUM I CAN FIND!!!! THIS IS OUTRIGHT THEFT!!!!!

WHY IS IT THAT I CAN GET MY MONEY FROM POKER STARS AS EASY AS CAN BE AND NOT FROM YOU?

I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION IN LIFE TO MAKE SURE THAT AS MANY PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET AS IS POSSIBLE KNOW THAT YOU REFUSE TO PAY ME MY MONEY.

STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!!!!

RIGEL444

- end quote -

Yes, I have lost my cool, but I just knew these crooks would try to pull something like this. How do I get these crooks to give me my money? What do you do when someone claims to not be able to see a document you sent them?

Why on earth would anyone play on Full Tilt instead of Stars?

And if anyone from Full Tilt is reading this, give rigel444 his money back!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit
Default Re: Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

stars has not given me my money.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:00 PM

Ummmmmm...wow. I know this must be very frustrating, but in the future I suggest you calm down and reread the email before sending it. One email from their CS displaying some possible incompetence, and you send an all-caps email calling them thieves and telling them you're going to tell everyone you can that FT are thieves? Wow. I sure hope you never have to deal with a truly rogue outfit...your head might explode with anger!

Suggestions - is there a number at FT you can call? PM one of the FT reps that post on 2+2? Perhaps take a slightly less angry tone when you make contact with someone?

Good luck!

Edit to add: The only one guilty of a crime right now is you. This is NOT outright theft, and they have NOT refused to pay you your money. You, however, have slandered them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOR GOD'S SAKE I HAD THIS DOCUMENT PROFESSIONALLY SCANNED. THE FILE IS LESS THAN 500,000 bytes.

CAN YOU NOT OPEN A PDF FILE? I JUST OPENED IT AND AM LOOKING AT IT AS PLAIN AS DAY. I EVEN E-MAILED IT TO A FRIEND AND HE SAYS HE SEES IT FINE. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN'T SEE IT. I THINK YOU ARE LYING IN THE HOPES THAT I WILL GIVE UP AND KEEP MY MONEY ON FULL TILT. JUST IN CASE, I WILL SEND IT TO YOU AGAIN.

STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!

I AM GOING TO POST ABOUT YOU STEALING MY MONEY ON TWO PLUS TWO FORUMS AND EVERY OTHER FORUM I CAN FIND!!!! THIS IS OUTRIGHT THEFT!!!!!

WHY IS IT THAT I CAN GET MY MONEY FROM POKER STARS AS EASY AS CAN BE AND NOT FROM YOU?

I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION IN LIFE TO MAKE SURE THAT AS MANY PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET AS IS POSSIBLE KNOW THAT YOU REFUSE TO PAY ME MY MONEY.

STOP STEALING MY MONEY!!!!!!

RIGEL444

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you, the dumbest human being on earth? Why would you say all this [censored]? Complete overreaction. Don't you understand why they ask for this proof of address? Just imagine if you were the customer service rep who has to deal with this [censored]... I'd slow your inquiry down to a crawl. And then laugh my ass off that you think you're going to coerce an entire message board not to play somewhere because you're an impatient ass who can't verify his address.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What are you, the dumbest human being on earth? Why would you say all this [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm posting it because there's nothing else I can do. I got the document PROFESSIONALLY SCANNED, it's as clear as a bell, and yet they sit there and tell me "uh uh - not good enough, we can't see it."

And if Full Tilt has such good reasons for requiring this, why is it that Pokerstars and my old poker site pokerroom.com managed to pay me just fine without it?

But that's not my main beef. My beef is that I did EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID and I can do no more than get a document professionally scanned.

Actually, the only other thing I can do is post it here to make sure others can decide for themselves which approach they prefers- Stars' or Full Tilt's. What you or anyone else thinks about me is irrelevant to me. These are words on a screen- my money is MY MONEY.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:10 PM

I think yelling at them and calling them thieves instead of trying to work with them and trying to figure out what they want you to do is definitely the best way to get your money.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What are you, the dumbest human being on earth? Why would you say all this [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm posting it because there's nothing else I can do. I got the document PROFESSIONALLY SCANNED, it's as clear as a bell, and yet they sit there and tell me "uh uh - not good enough, we can't see it."

And if Full Tilt has such good reasons for requiring this, why is it that Pokerstars and my old poker site pokerroom.com managed to pay me just fine without it?

But that's not my main beef. My beef is that I did EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID and I can do no more than get a document professionally scanned.

Actually, the only other thing I can do is post it here to make sure others can decide for themselves which approach they prefers- Stars' or Full Tilt's. What you or anyone else thinks about me is irrelevant to me. These are words on a screen- my money is MY MONEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he was asking why you posted this, he was asking why you would email this to them. You have HUGELY overreacted to a single email.

You can do no more? So you have given up, they're keeping the money? I made a couple of suggestions, why don't you try those? And perhaps a little nicer follow-up email expressing your frustration a little more eloquently, maybe throwing in an apology for your earlier over-the-top email.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think yelling at them and calling them thieves instead of trying to work with them and trying to figure out what they want you to do is definitely the best way to get your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly... You couldn't have just written to them to explain the situation and ask what you can do to facilitate the process?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of a crime right now is you. This is NOT outright theft, and they have NOT refused to pay you your money. You, however, have slandered them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, as a lawyer I think I know what I can and not not post. If they have a problem with it, they can come here and sue me. Oh, that's right- they avoid US jurisdiction like the plague.

And I shouldn't have to jump through even more hoops than I already have to get paid. I drove 15 miles in heavy traffic, waited for 30 minutes at the copy store. Paid them 5 bucks. Got a crystal-clear document e-mailed to me. E-mailed it to a friend and he sees it fine.

Yet they claim they can't see it. There's nothing else I can do at this point. I re-sent the pdf document, but I don't see why it should work any better this time.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:14 PM

If the original post is real I agree with the others ....
What a stupid overreaction & moronic all caps reply to send to FT.
** They simply stated that the file you sent them came thru with an error when they tried to open it.
That's it.
you could have simply re sent it , faxed it or whatever.
It's good business sense to tell the customer to re send & make sure the file is less than 1Mb ....
If not , people like this original poster would then surely complain that "they should have told me " I couldn't re-send a higher res enlarged 1.6Mb file" ...