Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Default FTP account hacked; unknown transfer made; please help

Here is my situation.

Earlier this week, my account was somehow accessed by a hacker. During that time, the only thing they did was make a P2P transfer for around $1200 to some FTP player "W". They also access the corresponding email account and deleted the confirmation email.

However, I discovered this transfer because the email address I use forwards the emails to my primary email account. Immediately I updated by anti-virus software and changed passwords on all my accounts. I then contacted FTP concerning the situation. Their analysis of the situation is very fruswtrating.

They verified that my account was hacked into from their IP records. However, the player "W" is claiming that he and I had agreements to make a transfer on FTP in exchange for a transfer on some non-FTP account. Obviously this makes no sense. FTP knows as fact that this transfer was not made by me but instead by this hacker, yet they are believing this player "W"'s contention that this is still somehow a legitimate transfer. They state:

"Furthermore, there is insufficient evidence to link "W" to the compromising of your account. The logins did not occur from a computer he has ever used. His location is entirely different than that of the foreign login. We have no reason to suspect this player was involved, other than being the recipient of a P2P transfer which he claims was a legitimate transfer, albeit offsite. And because we have no way of
verifying any information regarding offsite transfers, this transfer must stand. We cannot simply make assumptions regarding any involvement "W" has and there is no evidence to suggest he has compromisedyour account in any way."

Does anyone have any ideas to what I should do to nullify this fraud? Please help. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: FTP account hacked; unknown transfer made; please help

play on pokerstars.

but seriously unless u can convince tilt supp to change their mind seems like yr screwed
Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Obviously, "W" was able to get the transfered money off the site by now, so Full Tilt would have to eat the loss, therfore the transfer stands. Thanks for playing!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:11 PM

I don't believe EVERY story posted here about these disputes, but seems like there is just too much crap going on right now with FTP - I'm thinking about pulling out until they get serious about these security issues.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
too much crap going on right now with FTP

[/ QUOTE ]
Right now? Use the search function, this is standard.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe EVERY story posted here about these disputes, but seems like there is just too much crap going on right now with FTP - I'm thinking about pulling out until they get serious about these security issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true if you really want the emails I will send them to you.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know I was thinking the exact same thing. What the heck is going on here?!? This is really getting out of hand.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:16 PM

i hate pokerstars vip system because of the freerolls...i hate the no datamining...i hate the fact they don't flip up the cards on allins and they slow roll the river. Despite all that..i still play there cuz i dont want to deal with FTP's [censored] and the games are better at stars anyvays.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true if you really want the emails I will send them to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean I don't believe YOUR story. Just the opposite in fact - it sounds just like the kind of CYA crap you'd expect. I just mean, even if you're a skeptic about the sob stories you read on 2+2, there have been a LOT of these about FTP lately, and they just don't have what many would consider to be adequate security protections in place. And I actually have done better on FTP than on other sites.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 PM

The timing of the transfer has no bearing on anything? In other words, if you can prove (or FTP can find out) when the account was logged in at the other IP, then you can show that the transfer was done by the fraudster. Right? Is that insufficient? Because if W received the transfer from the fraudster, then it is likely he had the agreement with the fraudster and not you.