Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf

do all high stakes players go all in with top pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard play in PA's spot is to call flop and get it in on some turns (non diamond, low cards T or lower, A-Q are kinda bad but not really against sammy). Maybe call some turns, and fold the really ugly ones. But sammy isn't a standard player and in a rr pot with that much money already in, PA's play is only slightly bad if anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was crap-all money in the pot relative to the size of the stacks. He bets 20 into 34 or something with about 480 left behind - Farha raises 100 and PA shoves. Come on - you're telling me that you should be looking to stack off here with a weak pair, weak kicker? Even if PA had a good feeling that he was ahead calling is clearly the play and it's not just slightly better than shoving. Farha called with what amounts to the very bottom of his calling range and still had him beat.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that PA is definately one of the best cash game players around and #1 in the current lineup but I think Brad Booth is better. I'm hoping he turns up at some point in this session.

Booth has zero fear and never thinks of the cash as anything but tools to get the job done!

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 PM

u know the thing about the PA farha hand is that when u 3-bet j9s for deception and hit the flop pretty decently u know farha can't really put u on any 9 so that should be taken into
consideration. Farha might even put PA on overcards or a small /medium pair, which would be natural to try to bluff off.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 PM

At least from all the stuff we've seen, Farha tends to call pre, then float the flop, then bet the turn or river if he's going to bluff. I think PA had to know there was a good probability Farha had a hand.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Great episode, much better than the crap from the last few weeks.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for coming on here and giving us the lowdown Barry, I appreciate it. You are now officially my favorite poker celeb. If you ever come down the hill to S. Redondo I'd love to buy you a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dislike posts like this. go try out for a reality show.

also, best epidsode so far.

again i would like to point out for the millionth time that Guy is just a recreational player and commenting on how he is not playin optimal poker portrays the poster as the one who doesnt know what is going on.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for coming on here and giving us the lowdown Barry, I appreciate it. You are now officially my favorite poker celeb. If you ever come down the hill to S. Redondo I'd love to buy you a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dislike posts like this. go try out for a reality show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go [censored] yourself. I was showing my appreciation. I also live a couple miles from the guy.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM

What on earth is wrong with thanking Barry for posting on here clarifying or giving this forum a better context for some of the hands? Sheesh.

Not all acts of kindness or appreciation have some selfish ulterior motive. Some people are just nice that way, believe it or not.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you take the names out of the hand on the PA vs Farha hand and just post the hand in any of the strategy forums here the hero on the J9 hand would get slaughtered and welcomed into many HU for rolls matches. It is a bad re-raise and he knew it when sammy insta-called.... but he gets the pass because he is PA....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, who was PA's opponent in the hand?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Everyone saying Patricks play was terrible-
atleast he had fold equity when he made his move
farha played the hand 100 times worse than patrick- calling 400000k more into a 200000k pot with a polish flush draw-brillaint