Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]
Charge a membership fee: $25 annually

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL average site gets that by an hour. Flat fee isn't an option. No-one would pay it.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 PM

Tuff you're the ultimate attention whore

How does this not get more love?:

Scene: Some Boardroom in New York.

"So, how is it, again, that we make money, Johnson?"
"We don't. Its revolutionary."
"And we may get sued or jailed by DOJ?"
"Yep."
"But no one can multitable. Ever."
"what's that?"
"Where a nit plays more than one table. At Pokerstars, some nits play like 20 tables at a time."
"And how do they make money at Pokerstars?"
"They charge rake."
"And we won't?"
"Exactly."
"And at Pokerstars, some players play 20 tables at a time, paying rake on all 20 tables at once?"
"Yeah, and they play all day so unimaginatively..."
"All DAY?"
'Well, 24/7, really, Pokerstars never shuts down... but you are missing the point...."
"Is PokerStars for Sale, Johnson?"

If you dont want multitabling hud bots as you call them, then fair enough don't allow PT or PAHUD on your site. If it came at the cost of all these fish that you gonna be having on your site then so be it..I think everyone would be willing to make that sacrifice.

Trying to limit it to one table like a real poker room is stupid as Live poker without the interaction of other people at your table would be the most unenjoyable thing ever. Setting it to 3 or 4 tables max would still greatly serve your cause of trying to preserve your fishy clients.

Lastly, A rakefree site is nice and all but the only people that have that high on their list when shopping for a poker site to play on is the very people you don't want, the multitabling hud bots. A recreational player does not care about the rake charged by a site (to an extent of course). Rather charge a rake (you can still keep it less than the competition) and spend it all on promotions and advertising to get players to your site and keep them there.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if this idea were to work, other companies would surely "jump on it" and open similar sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's enough advertisement for poker players even to maintain one single poker site. Another site won't find enough advertisement (not counting the field will by occupied by then).

edit/// well he can get enough advertisements if he will promote another poker sites (maybe with rakeback) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL average site gets that by an hour. Flat fee isn't an option. No-one would pay it.

[/ QUOTE ]

we had that site, too. it was run by Dutch Boyd and was a spectacular failure, although not because it was run by Dutch Boyd.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM

lol, tuff you are in idiot. Just give it up already. Go do some research on what it would actually cost to set up and run a secure internet site, with customer service and all that, and then get back to us on your brilliant little plan
Old 11-17-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing...

[/ QUOTE ]
have a link?

BTW. I disagree with the rest of what you said. It could work although it probably won't work. Anyway that's his own risk.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we had that site, too. it was run by Dutch Boyd and was a spectacular failure, although not because it was run by Dutch Boyd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tuff's business plan is to get people to deposit, fold the business, and keep the money? I think that could work.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM

1 table is silly. I get bored out of my mind playing 1 table. Make it 3 or 4 max, and don't allow any software. Rakefree would never work. It takes serious money to run a site, and even more to promote it.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM

"All you have said is "hi my name is tuff fish i make retarded internet poker videos of me playing...

have a link?"

Yeah, it's been long enough that some of the newer posters might not be familiar with the legend that is tufffish.

search for 'tuff fish' on youtube.

Somebody made a video of some of his tiltiest comments set to the song "Bad Day":
http://tuffish.ytmnd.com/
Old 11-17-2007, 06:18 PM

I think the problem is still going to be found in funding. UIGEA targetted payment processors, for some reason just because your room is not taking rake does not mean the payment processors were used for players to gamble against each other. There is a difference between bringing a roll of quarters to a home game, and wiring in 50k to play high stakes online.