Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: PSA: One line answers

This is redic. Try reading other NL forums and implementing this across them all, theres no way you could/would, so why here?

Its so so standard to just give the move you feel is correct, then if asked to people can expand their answers.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM

i takes litterally no more effort to post a tiny reasoning instead of just 1 word. you obv dont need to right a small book every time you reply, but a simple '...coz i doubt he calls with anyhting you beat' etc, makes things much clearer. like nogatsira said a little explanation helps determine if the advice is good or not, its helps evertyone, especially the poster since he could have a completely wrong and backwards reason to their action.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:16 PM

IMO - The point of posting hands in the first place is to uncover and understand the different elements you should be considering when deciding how to play a hand. You will be in many similar situations in the future, however, very rarely will you encounter the exact situation again. So, simply knowing the correct decision for a past situation w/out understanding the thought-process behind it leaves you unprepared for dealing w/ similar situations in the future. Clearly one should think on one's own about why a respondent might answer "call" instead of "raise". But presumably we've gone through this at the table when the hand was initially played, and yet still chose a different action for one reason or another.

edit: posted from perspective of one who receives MUCH more advice than he gives. obv ty's to all those who take time to give advice to the uNL'ers regardless of how many words you use.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

I just think that SO many threads end up boiling down to "should I call because I'm ahead, or fold because I'm behind."

In these situations, saying anything except your preferred action ends up being very redundant. I guess I'm in the minority, but there are loads of situations where I think this is a little silly. It just seems like it's super nitty for mods to regulate this kind of thing.

Asking posters to explain there actions more would be fine. Saying "if you don't I will take mod action" is just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point ama, I will make a point to keep myself in line as well.

However, I'd like you to address the idea of having the outcome of the hand in white txt at the end of the HH.( Example: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12128482 ) I think this is a great way of still allowing the users to read through the lines, while still seeing some real results and how the villain played what etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt even care what the results are. In this particular situation villain might have the nuts, in another he might have air.
You want to find a sollution to play a hand that would make most profit in the long run.
You might think a call is good in a hand and the results show you that it was a good call but actually it might have been a bad play (if you understand what i mean)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the last I'll be commenting on this subject in this thread, as I think it is off topic. However, I don't how to further explain to you that while I DO very much appreciate and thrive off the learning technique regarding thinking through HHs without the results, I'm not proposing that be changed in any way. Contrary to your comment about how I should not care about the results, while I understand your point (which is a point we've all heard a million times), when it comes down to it, I DO care....sometimes. Not every post does it matter, but enough times, thinking through the HH and the line both the hero and villain without the results, and THEN being able to consult the outcome afterwards, IMO is VERY valuable.

Many times I have narrowed the range down to only a few hands even possibly a single hand which I'm always sure of, it is an undeniable learning tool to think through the hand (without the results) and then consult them if you choose.

IMO not only will it be rewarding to realize you're starting to understand some of the std lines these players are taking in certain situations, but also when you are wrong, be able to decide when/why you're thought process went wrong.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just think that SO many threads end up boiling down to "should I call because I'm ahead, or fold because I'm behind."

In these situations, saying anything except your preferred action ends up being very redundant. I guess I'm in the minority, but there are loads of situations where I think this is a little silly. It just seems like it's super nitty for mods to regulate this kind of thing.

Asking posters to explain there actions more would be fine. Saying "if you don't I will take mod action" is just not my cup of tea.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 PM

I agree with you on that point 0524432 but I think when you add it in the opening post that alot of people will base their comments on the results.
What would be better is to post the result after the discussion is over, and then you can see if you went wrong somewhere yourself.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 PM

Posters asking for feedback can decide for themselves how much credit to give to comments based on numerous factors. If they choose to read a comment "Fold flop" as the one and only choice and apply it to every single similar situation then they are dumb, that's all. I don't see why these one liners would bother mods - players don't need to be spoon fed analysis and can judge a comment's merit on their own. I know I'm new, just my opinion - if this becomes the rule, wtvr, np.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 PM

What about some kind of system, lets name it the "EV-counter" where you can give people +1 or -1 depending on their posts.
Ive seen some forums where they give 'karma-points' like that. I don't think it would be a bad idea here.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about some kind of system, lets name it the "EV-counter" where you can give people +1 or -1 depending on their posts.
Ive seen some forums where they give 'karma-points' like that. I don't think it would be a bad idea here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda a HUGE change, although I know they were discussing changing how titles and stuff works recently somewhere, might be worth mentioning the idea there.
Closed Thread