Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Default The Price Is Right LIVE - Show at Bally\'s in Las Vegas

me, queen medicine, and my parents are going next weds.

anyone been? how was it? any strategy on the best way to get on stage/tips/advice?

mods, feel free to move to B&M if that is where this should be.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: The Price Is Right LIVE - Show at Bally\'s in Las Vegas

find grando's trip report. bbv somewhere.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
find grando's trip report. bbv somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice call. here's grando's trip report that pertains to the P.I.R. show if anyone reading this post is interested:

We're still not really talking from the night prior, and the 200 person line we have to get in for the price is right show at bally's (we got our tickets when we got here) was a little awkward. Oh well I don't really care - it's time for fun! Da-da da-da, da-da da-da, da-da da-da-da da-da-da da-da, da-da da-da!

Anyways, it's packed - probably 400 people total. We have to squeeze through a bunch of people to get to our seats. There are 2 hosts - playing the parts of bob barker and rod roddy (I think he's dead but you know what I mean). They take about 1/2 hour to "pump us up" for the show. It was pretty cool. The crowd is filled with people like on the tv show - with "I neutered my cat" and "barker's beauties" shirts and just overall losers. I get mad realizing that I'm not gonna get up there, but these idiots will. It'll be funny when they bid 9,000 for a set of golf clubs though.

So anyways, everyone is equipped with a touchpad with letters A-D (D isn't used for some reason), and prior to each game, they put 3 items on a screen from a past year (i.e. dishwasher, dryer, and bar set from 1985), and you have to punch in the corresponding letters of the most expensive and least expensive as fast as you can. Yep just like I thought - a big [censored] joke. Since the crowd is like 400 people, they've managed to weed it down TO 1/6 OF THE WHOLE CROWD, EVEN IF PEOPLE JUST PICK 2 LETTERS BY RANDOM!?!!?? And, of course, the questions are extremely simple - hmmmm I wonder if this truck is more expensive than this scooter. I get angry because I know I'm not going to be able to pwn plinko.

So of course the first set comes up, I get them right (and quick), but 4 women get picked. My g/f exclaims "girls rule!" - while I'm thinking "well 350 out of the 400 people here are female", but am still mad that these people got up there. The first prize is a cheap-ass telescope. The bids go something like 750, 950, 850, and 951. Good bids third and fourth person. Well of course they are way over, the second round goes 650, 651, 750 (yeah 750 was too high for the first round how about we pick it again!), and 1. Of course this telescope is like 250 bucks so the last person wins. Good for you - maybe if you picked 1 the first time you wouldn't have made the whole room 3 IQ points lower.

She gets to play "price match", where you get 4 prizes and 4 price tags, and try to match them up, pull the lever, and it tells you how many you have right. You get 45 seconds total. There's an inflatable kayak, one of those basketball games like you'd find at chuck e cheese, a globe, and something else that was obviously expensive. So she puts the price tags on the prizes, and pulls the lever. BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZERO - hahahahhahahaah. But wait zero is ok because you can just switch 2 of the prices and figure it out that way. But noooooooo she goes and switches them all - pulls the lever. BUUUUUZUZUZUZUZUZUZZ ZERO AGAIN OMG YOU SUCK NO THE KAYAK ISN'T 900 DOLLARS THE BASKETBALL GAME ISN'T 125 JESUS CHRIST. So switcheroo again, and this time she gets 1! Talk about idiot. Then with about 12 seconds left she switches ONLY TWO AROUND and of course gets ANOTHER ZERO. Well thanks for coming out. I'm happy I'm not picked for this game, because I don't know what the [censored] I'm going to do with an at-home basketball game in vegas.

Anyways the games keep on coming - I get the combination right, but push the buttons too quick so the second one doesn't register. Variance. Some spanish guy wins the bidding against 3 women and I yell "SHIP IT". He gets to play cliffhanger. SWEET! He has to make sure he guesses prices of 3 items withhin a total of 35 dollars or else the guy goes over the cliff.

First item is one of those cheap card shufflers that you see everywhere. The guy on stage is SO NERVOUS that I feel bad for him. "How much is this card shuffler?" "Seventy dollars Bob" (his name isn't bob). I tell my g/f that it's 17, and I have a feeling the guy's friend in the front row told him "seventeen" as well but he heard it as "seventy". [censored]. Cue cliffhanger music, dee-de-le-dee dee-de-le-dee ... and of course the guy falls off the edge. I laugh, but feel terrible, then don't feel terrible and laugh again. Of course the price is 17. SHIP IT!

Well now this is getting pretty gay - the prizes they're giving out kinda suck, and we're paying 40 bucks a ticket for this show. I want to get picked already! As an aside, my g/f has started cheating off my answers for the qualification thing. We want one of us up there. At least with Plinko we can just keep the money and don't have to worry about shipping stuff back.

Next game - I get the order right, but forget that it's highest price THEN lowest price, not highest price TO lowest price. What a jopke. I figure I cost myself about $150 in EV. Terrible luck. Anyways some guy wins the bidding and gets to play a game. OMG HOLE IN ONE OR TWO!!!! This is gonna be sweet!

So the items he has to put in order from cheapest to most expensive is 1 pack of Jello, one of those plastic containers of fibre, a large bottle of tide detergent, box of nutrigrain bars, bottle of tylenol, and some other medium-price item that was clearly more expensive than the jello and nutrigrain bars, but cheaper than the other 3. Once an item is found to be cheaper than the one previous you have to stop at that line and putt.

So of course he first picks the Jello (good choice!), then he picks the medium-price item that escapes my mind. People are booing, as the nutrigrain bars were clearly less expensive. Oh well no big deal - he'll still get at least to the 4th line, maybe 5th. THEN EVERYONE TELLS HIM TO PICK THE NUTRIGRAIN BARS!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE [censored] IS EVERYONE IN THIS PLACE STUPID? Yeah way to not help him and make him putt at the second line. "PICK THE TYLENOL!111!!!!!!1". My g/f is like "why the hell would he pick the tylenol - the nutrigrain bars are cheaper" - I explain and she doesn't agree. How can you not agree with the rules of the game?!? It's times like these I realize how stupid people are, and how much I love online poker.

So of course he picks the nutrigrain bars, and gets stopped at the second line. Good job assmunches. So he goes to putt, some idiot screams from the crowd when he's in his stance, and he tells them that "he's nervous enough already". He then proceeds to side-door it for a 5 day mexican vacation. He pumps his fist and is super excited - my eyes teared up watching it. It was [censored] awesome! I'm happy for the guy.

Then they randomly draw 3 names to spin the wheel. Whoever gets closest to 1 dollar gets 100 bucks. Woo-[censored]-hoo. 100 bucks. I get mad. Of course we don't get picked, some lady wins 100 bucks when she get 80 on her first spin and the other 2 can't suck out on her. Way to totally waste the awesomeness of the wheel.

I don't even remember the next game they played - I got the order wrong this time, a woman own the bidding, and then got pwned at one of the crappy games, not winning a fridge. Oh no.

Next this guy who was sitting 2 down from my right got picked for the bidding, and the group beside me starts freaking out. At least they're energetic. So he wins the bidding with 1 dollar (oh at this point I remember that the mexican guy picked his bidding item's price right on the button and got an extra 100 bucks. That was pretty sweet when the buzzer went off for the exact price) AND GETS TO PLAY PLINKO OMG MY FAVOURITE GAME!

So he does pretty well on the first number/last number items, winning 4 of the 5 discs for PLINKO! The middle slot is 500, then the zeroes around it of course, then 200, 100, and 50 I believe. The first disc gets caught halfway down. Oh well it happens. Then he throws it again, and it's going down....OMG IT'S ON THE LAST ROW AND BOUNCES TO THE LEFT ON THE LAST PEG IT'S GOING TO BE 500! No wait it bounces left, hits a peg on the row above, comes back right, and gets stuck!??! How the hell can it get stuck there? RIGGED! The guy got robbed. So he has to let it go again, and at the end he gets 3-200s and 1-100. Not a bad payday. Still it feels like PARTY PLINKO!

Now, at this time, I'm expecting another pricing game, then the wheel again, then the showcase showdown. But, for some reason, they play 3 games, then the wheel, 2 more games, and then right to the showdown?!? WTF IS THIS?!?!? I'm getting severely annoyed at the setup of this thing. Anyways, for the showcase showdown, there are a series of 3 questions, given in multiple choice, that have 3 answers and the 2 people that answer the 3 correctly and quickest get to go to the showcase. Ok this is good cause it'll weed everyone out a little bit - 1/3*1/3*1/3 = 1/27. Maybe I have a chance here for BIG MONEY BIG PRIZES!

The first question goes something like this:

In 1997 (I'm not sure of the year), some company (I don't remember the company either ) recorded the largest net loss for a company ever. What was the total loss?

A. 10 billion dollars
B. 27.6 billion dollars
C. 100 billion dollars

(these numbers aren't quite exact, but the point comes across)

Hmmmmm which one should I pick here - I don't know....this thing is a joke why not just have a lottery for these 2 spots?!? Anyways, of course I pick B and do it super quick. They give the answer, and I am a little curious to see whether the price is right is clever enough to throw in B just to [censored] everyone up. No they're not B is the correct answer. About half is elated to hear that, but several people (I'd guess about 20% of the people) are visibly disappointed. Seriously?!? People aren't that stupid.

Question 2 is the same thing, except A and B are the rounded-off ones and C the odd one out. Of course I get it right, and super quick again. I'm getting a little excited because I'm quick on the draw and have got 2 right. They take a poll of hands to see who's got the first 2 right, and about 1/4 of the crowd puts up their hand, and about 7/10 puts their hand up when asked if they got 1 wrong (yeah it doesn't equal 1).

Third question is the same, with B the abnormality. At this time I learn my g/f got one wrong. Hahahahahahahaha. Anyways I absolutely slaughter the 3 questions, and about 20 people put their hands up when asked if they got all 3 right. Wow. "Good luck Chris" my g/f says. I need it.

So they say the first guy's name - rob something, and tell him to "come on down". Uh oh one more try - then the rod roddy guy says:

"And our second contestant on the showcase showdown - would Chris....tine somethingorother please come on down"

I throw my handheld thing on the ground. "[censored] that this is [censored] why drag out the christine [censored]" and I'm kinda choked, and then I realize - I GOT [censored] SLOWROLLED AT THE PRICE IS RIGHT! What a joke.

So the 2 players get the same showcase, and if they get within 1000 they got the whole showcase - if not whoever is closest without going over gets a fridge only. The showcase consists of the fridge, dinner for 2 at bally's steakhouse, a bar set, and a NEW CHEVROLET COBALT WOWOWOWOOOWOW! I was shocked to see the car in there. So the 2 players write down their answers, and the host puts them on the screens in front of each of them.

The guy put 25,000, and the woman put 17,500 I believe. Now, if you know the price of this car you add like 1300-1500 to it and that'd be your answer. I have no clue what it's worth, and I have no guess. Looking back I'd have probably guessed the car was worth about 15,900, but at the time I had no clue. The woman's answer seemed reasonable to me, and the guy is out to lunch.

So the total amount is 18,974 or something like that. So she's off by 1400 and change and gets the fridge. I'd feel choked, especially when you hear 18,000 and figure you have 1/2 chance of being within 1000. Oh well it's not me, and I'm still mad about not being picked to go up. Anyways, they say that they'll be out to take pictures with the crowd, and my g/f wants a pic with the rod roddy wannabe, so we stand out there and wait a little.

Then they come out - the 2 guys and the 2 prize models. Holy [censored] these girls are HOT! Way hotter than the ones on the actual show! Solid 9s, both of them. My g/f notices me looking at them and asks me if I want to get a picture with them. I say sure - she doesn't like that much and I don't get my picture. No hot models for me. They wanted me too! Obviously....
Old 05-15-2007, 09:39 PM

sick of seeing that unfinished trip report