Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Samoleus is Crazy

I'm not one to create drama but Samoleus is trying to tarnish my reputation telling people I'm a scumbag and I feel inclined to defend that repuation. I'm gonna try and make this as compact as possible.

Week or so ago samo and I played for the first time at three or four 6m tables. I was interested in how he played and asked if he gave lessons (don't mean to cheat on you RBK, samo just plays really weirdly and it couldn't hurt to have an idea of how to implement/defend against that style). He said he did and we exchanged emails and AIM names, and talked on and off for the next week. At one point, we were playing 10/20 and either the game broke, or samo sat at a table I was alone at that I had autopost on. I raised, took his blind, and sat out. He immediately went off about how classless I was, AIMed me, etc...I sent him back the $20, told him I didn't agree with the principle but was willing to smooth things over for $20. I'm not sure if I told him specifically that I wouldn't play him HU, but that was clearly implied.

Today we are playing and the same thing happens. Samo sits or a table breaks, samo raises, I get dealt AK so I reraise. He folds and goes off on me again telling me I'm classless and that he will never speak to me again. I am sitting at a number of tables alone, as well as playing like eight 6 max tables, so what does he expect? I think he is making a mountain out of a molehill. We talk about it on AIM a bit, he is really pissed (he even uses the AIM "warn" feature, lol, last time I was warned was in middle school). He says if I don't wanna play HU I shouldn't be sitting. I say it's obvious I don't wanna play him. Why else would I not sit at his HU tables, and be willing to pay for $2000 worth of COACHING from him???

So he begins sitting at all the tables I'm alone at, and breaking up all my HU games. I was playing a fish, and he sat down and started telling the fish how classless I was, and telling the events all out of order and samo-skewed.

I am clearly not going to convince samo here, but this incident really tilted the [censored] out of me, and I hope that's all I have to suffer for it.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Samoleus is Crazy

clear blind-give-back situation, so it's good you sent back the 20. other than that, i agree with your post completely. he seems really weird (albeit a sick poker player and i want lessons from him, too.)
Old 06-22-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he even uses the AIM "warn" feature

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 06-22-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
clear blind-give-back situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he owes him [censored]. He mistakenly played 1 hand and won it, big deal?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 PM

this is typical behavior for him...He will prob tell u that u suck if ur a better player than him
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 PM

samoleus and I had like a 30 minute argument on stars the other day. He seems like a complete nutjob and is just weird, he's like near dillusional on the stuff that he says...
Old 06-22-2007, 04:01 PM

he keeps telling everybody and keeps telling me he's a "huge" favorite over me heads up, but whenever I sit with him, he sits out lol, he says he doesnt play poker with "unpleasant" people, weirdest guy ever
Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he owes him [censored]. He mistakenly played 1 hand and won it, big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even really care about the $20 thing. If I did anything out of line it was just marginally out of line. I just want to get the facts straight. I think most, if not all people who have had dealings with me can back me up that I'm not a malicious guy.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even really care about the $20 thing. If I did anything out of line it was just marginally out of line. I just want to get the facts straight. I think most, if not all people who have had dealings with me can back me up that I'm not a malicious guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not in the wrong, ignore him, it's such a minor/insignificant deal since it's coming from samo you dont even need to post here to defend yourself
Old 06-22-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
samo-skewed

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome word.