Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: NL25, set linecheck

Hail Eris... You are correct to keep some these hands in his range, but I think they are all very unlikely by the point we reach the river and not worth the risk of running into a straight when we would bet the river for value from these hands IMO. Here's why:

J9, 96, unlikely callers preflop, but even in the unlikely case they did call I don't believe it's very likely given the mindonk/call, mindonk line... Same with a set of 6's. Plus they would almost always be more agressive on the turn/river. I'd need a very specific read that this player makes these small bets with big hands and not with draws to still put him on one of these.

88, J8 are highly unlikely, because villain probably would likely have folded to the flop raise and certainly wouldn't very likely have bet the turn again. Also I don't believe many villains check the river if he is loose enough to go all the way with these hands. It's a easy to think this is part of villains range, because the 8 is on the board, but don't forget villain didn't have that 8 yet on the flop/turn....

I expect QQ+ to 3bet preflop almost always and be more agressive on every street.

I put him on a draw here and he might have made it, no reason to bet.

OP: I'm curious, are you ready to post what he actually showed?