Raise 26 63.41%
Call 12 29.27%
Fold 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: A-Rod opts out of contract

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Rangers fan, this makes me happy. Now they have more money with which to overpay some underproducing middle-aged pitcher!

[/ QUOTE ]

are we talking chan ho park or kevin millwood?

i have no idea how millwood is doing, but c'mon now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, take your pick. Millwood hasn't been that bad, but I still think that description fits him. Guys like Adam Eaton and Vicente Padilla could fit into this category as well.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing the Yankees' circle jerk now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that he's done this. I'm especially surprised he's done it so early.

The Yankees made ARod an offer. I figured it was at least the beginning of negotiations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this way Boras can pretend like NY is still in the picture? The perception of NY being in the market is probably worth a ton of money. If they negotiated all week and NY made a final offer maybe it would maybe hurt what somebody else would be willing to give him.

So I guess Arod just told Boras he wouldn't sign with NY no matter what or Boras just called Cashman's bluff and thinks that they are still in?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:00 AM

Wow, Buster Olney just lost like 30 IQ points with that.

What a buffoon. Why does he hate A-Rod so much? Olney should be a non-biased member of the media, not some dude making up wild assumptions and attacking A-Rods character left and right.

Jesus. Hey Olney, you know who else said they loved the team/city they played for, then went somewhere else for more money? Beltran. But it's OK when a superstar sh*ts on a city like Houston, but they just can't do it to NY. lol.

Olney needs to grow up, and so do all the other A-Rod haters. He's one of THE BEST EVER. Nuff said. He can do what he wants because he CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS. We should all be so lucky in our chosen profession. Chr*st almighty. Olney reeks of mad jealousy.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as someone who lives in philly right now, wow, him coming to philly would be a perfect storm of disaster. That would be like jumping straight down one level deeper into hell. Philly fans are the angriest people alive, if the booing got to him in new york these people will rip him apart. They had so many good 76ers teams with AI and then so many good Eagles teams with Mcnabb and never won it, and believe me they are pissed. It would be so funny to see arod go to another crappy situation where he was the no contest mvp, led the team to the NLCS, then suffers for 10 games and gets stuff thrown at him. And be locked up for 10 years. Boston just won another WS and the patriots are sending everyone to the hospital, if arod went to philly they would just [censored] up so bad and hate him so much, it would really make philly the new boston.

[/ QUOTE ]
Adam Eaton is signed for two more years so Arod would have protection [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 AM

I find it hilarious how so many are talking about how ARod is a bad deal since he will be in decline throughout his contract.

Both Bonds and Aaron increased their performance towards the end of their careers and ARod is a superior player to both of them. I expect that he will be averaging at least 40 homers/year until he is 40, if not beyond.

If that is whta you mean by 'decline' then maybe you are right.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, Buster Olney just lost like 30 IQ points with that.

What a buffoon. Why does he hate A-Rod so much? Olney should be a non-biased member of the media, not some dude making up wild assumptions and attacking A-Rods character left and right.

Jesus. Hey Olney, you know who else said they loved the team/city they played for, then went somewhere else for more money? Beltran. But it's OK when a superstar sh*ts on a city like Houston, but they just can't do it to NY. lol.

Olney needs to grow up, and so do all the other A-Rod haters. He's one of THE BEST EVER. Nuff said. He can do what he wants because he CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS. We should all be so lucky in our chosen profession. Chr*st almighty. Olney reeks of mad jealousy.

[/ QUOTE ]

think the fact that Arod and Boras chose to leak the info in the middle of game 4 is what annoyed Gammons/Olney and I'm sure countless others
Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both Bonds and Aaron increased their performance towards the end of their careers and ARod is a superior player to both of them

[/ QUOTE ]

ARod is superior to Bonds?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

There is definitely an irony in the media criticizing Boras and A-Rod leaking a story, which they turned into a story. Also
http://vegaswatch.blogspot.com/2007/10/mind-games.html
Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 AM

Wow, if that is actually true, I would feel really, really dumb about being pissed off at him for telling the media during game 4 and the talking about how happy I was that the MVP was leaving my team.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 AM

From the ESPN article:

" Boras said during a telephone interview that Rodriguez made his choice because he was uncertain whether Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada and Andy Pettitte would return to the Yankees. Boras said it became clear that the others wouldn't make a decision by Rodriguez's deadline to opt out -- 10 days after the World Series.

"Alex's decision was one based on not knowing what his closer, his catcher and one of his statured pitchers was going to do," Boras said. "He really didn't want to make any decisions until he knew what they were doing."

This is a bunch of BS and had 0% impact on A-Rod's choice.