Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: NOOB PLAYING THE 530 SUNDAY TOURNEY, WHAT IT DO??

depending on the stacks that r in the blinds and what level ur at early stealing u should raise to 2.5x and go from there and later on as the pots r bigger and u got 10bbs im shovin if im playin. this also will depend heavily on ur read of ur opponents in the blinds.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sell your seat.. nothing personal, I'm sure you'll do great in the beginning as a cash gamer, but endgame skills are what matters most and will be most foreign to you. It will be very difficult to get prepared for what will ensue if you make it far enough to matter. $T and $W sell quickly here, why not post it?

If you decide to play, learn your zones, resteals and squeeze plays etc. watch some late tourney play noticing how large a part fold equity plays in endgame strategy, most hands are decided pf.

[/ QUOTE ]I would rater sell it but it seems that it is not exchangable. IT's a ticket that I bought with my fpps.

My other point is, when do you start pushing preflop instead of opening normally? I usually open to 2,5x blind in tournaments. I usually shove when I have less than 10x blind in my stack. And lets say I have 54o in the button and 10 big blind. I'm pretty sure the blinds calling range are pretty tight, like AJ KQ 66+. Should I open to 2,5x or push??

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell stars you don't want it and get your FPPs back.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:14 PM

To get what lol? I dont even play on stars. I have exactly 35k fpps and there's nothing I wanna buy anyway. I took the thing with the most exepectation value.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about playing KQ in utg+2 or QJ in MP?? In a cashgame I'm always raising those hands unless there's a maniac behind me. Raise it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, depends.

[ QUOTE ]
Fold it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, depends.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the stacks matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the stack to BB ratio can be a more important factor than your cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you guys steal a lot or not very much??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very much from LP if I have an average stack, since in the current meta re-steals are popular. So I prefer to open-raise in LP a range of hands I think beats my opponents' re-steal range well enough relative to the risk. (In which case it's more of a value raise than a steal.) Of course, once my stack gets "short" relative to the blinds, I will open-push whenever I think it's +EV from an ICM perspective. I will also steal more if I have a big stack, but more often from EP-MP.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this player dependent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Like to me it seems that everytime its folded to you on the button or co you should steal but whatever, is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, unless your opponents are unusually weak-tight. However you can steal with a wide range if you have a sufficiently big stack. ATC is probably a little too wide, even for a big stack. But it depends.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Play position. Fold everything but AA, KK, QQ in EP. Open up in position. Rarely reraise pre-flop. You want to see flops.

Play small ball and win small pots.

When you have a big hand ... play a big pot.

When you're not in a hand, Note every player that's in a pot.

What they bet.
Do they C-bet.
Do they protect their blinds (usually later in the game)
What hands do they play and where.

This kind of homework makes you watch players, the action, and when they leave, or you leave and you encounter them later, it helps.

Don't multitable and focus... and keep track of your M.
Blinds and antes divided into your stack. If it's less than 20 ... you must look for opportunities to double up soon.

Good luck.