Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 AM

Default NCAA Big Monday

I really am considering taking Cuse ML at home vs Georgetown. Cuse is in a rough spot, especially trying to get into the big dance. Georgetown has been really tough latley, going 9-1 ATS and SU on the road. Cuse is coming off a big win saturday against prov, and it is also senior night. This is one of the biggest games of the senior's lives, and I am sure they will make the most of it. This game means ALOT more to cuse' then it does to GT. GT has been on a great run as of late, winning 11 in a row, and 12 outta the last 14 games. Yet they have not done it convincingly, atleast too me. Cuse' will obv. have the homecourt adv. with them, especially with the rivalry between the two teams. The only thing that concerns me is Roberts knee's are bad, which we found out saturday. All in all, I think with the homecourt, with the rivalry, with the big win saturday, being a bubble team needing a big win to add to its resume, and being senior night, Cuse will most likley get the W. With that being said.. I'm taking

Syracuse ML
Old 02-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: NCAA Big Monday

i like cuse too for a variety of reasons
Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 AM

Santa Clara -7 @ Pepperdine

(won by 22 couple weeks ago, 2nd time around shouldn't be any harder...)

Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 AM

I'm 1-1 on adamant KU picks. I'm staying away tomorrow. I think it'll be a tough game, but on the other hand we're just destroying ppl right now.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm going with Zag, Cuse, and Clara.

What do you guys think, 3 for 3?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Has the line changed?? Right now its at cuse +3... What was it this morning?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Definitely liking KU.
They convinced me. They look freaking awesome.
OU is struggling. Have lost 4 straight including a 58-51 loss to that Iowa State team that looked so pathetic the other day. Also lost to a Baylor team that is probably worse than ISU.

It is their senior-night though so there is that bit of emotion and momentum.
But no amount of fire-up seemed to help them in their last 4 games losing to some pretty crappy teams.
And KU is playing some terrific basketball now and is just mowing over everybody.

3 of KU's last 4 wins:
89-52, 92-39, 75-46.
OMG!!

you can argue all you like that these opponents were all kind of lousy.
But even the best teams can struggle to beat mediocre teams by more than 10 points. KU is flat-out destroying people.

Not convinced on Cuse.
GTown looks pretty good to me and I'm actually leaning them -3.

I'm lso on Long Beach St -1.5 at Pacific.

Pacific's place looks like an okay home-court advantage from what I've seen on TV but that might be an illusion.
They are only 6-6 at home this year and it's not like they've been hosting any top 25 teams.

LBSU is a decent team at 19-7. And they've gone 9-2 in their last 11 road games including their last 3 in a row.
Those last 3 road wins came against the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams in their conference, CSF, Cal-Poly and UCSB all of whom are not bad.

LBSU lost their first 3 road games of the year but those were at USC, UCLA and Temple. But 9-2 since then seems to indicate to me that they are a pretty strong road team.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:51 PM

I think I would go with oklahoma +7.... I put too much emphasis on passion and emotion into college basketball though, but I think OU will come out firing, with intentions of ending the losing streak, and the senior's will want to go out big. I picture the game being alot like the ASU-Zona game last night, with KU winning but within 4 or 5 points... There is a possibility OU loses, as we all have seen recently, a team playing poor can beat a team on a run. Senior night puts alot of passion into this game.. and thats what I think alot of college basketball is all about.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Are there any studies on team's records on senior-nights?
Would be kind of interesting.

I agree that the emotion of such a night can be a factor.

Doesn't even have to be a big crowd or big-time sport or anything.

I saw a women's mid-major game on senior-day with a typical 300 person crowd that seemed particularly emotion-filled.
Miami (Ohio) had barely squeaked out a win at Akron earlier in the year.
But back at home on senior day they won by a score of 97-29 or something.

So it certainly appears that the senior-night emotions can make a big difference.

But I can't help but look at how bad OU has been in their recent games. They still had outside NCAA chances before when they were 15-8 and 6-4 in the Big 12. They lost 4 straight.
Their season is a wreck now imo.

I do need to correct myself though. They did not lose to Baylor. That was their last win. And it was by a whopping 4 points. Earlier in the year OU had defeated them by 40.

This team just isn't playing as well.

But the biggest factor is that KU is clobbering ANY team that isn't top 25 caliber.
They have to be the hottest team in the country imo.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:25 PM

I bet I could go look and find some recent senior night scores over the last year, and this year's current senior nights. Compare the score to the spread and see how it goes. I put ALOT of emphasis on senior night and just rival games in general.