Default Re: Offseason College Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]

2008: @Navy, UNC, Buffalo, Army
2009: Navy, Buffalo, @Maryland, @Army
2010: UNC, @ Navy, Army, @ Notre Dame
2011: @ UNC, Navy, @ Notre Dame, @ Army
2012: Notre Dame, Army

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Schiano wanted to keep Navy when he first arrived so I have no problem with them on the schedule. When they decided on Buffalo/Army the team was still struggling and the Star-Ledger(local newspaper) was ecstatic that Schiano was able to keep those two teams on the schedule instead of scheduling big schools and getting trounced. Of course, 3 years later it looks dumb and most likely Rutgers will get criticized, especially if they are doing well.

I think UNC will be a wash soon, as you said they should be respectable soon and could become a good game. And it will be interesting to see ND in 2010. If Rutgers can continue to dominate NJ(and MD/NY) in recruiting that could become a decent little semi-rivalry.

We'll have to see on the 12th game from year to year, I still hate that they play 12 games now but maybe they can take advantage of it and schedule Penn State or get Michigan State back on the schedule. Those would be the two teams I would like to see.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:17 PM

Not terribly on-topic, but this is a video of a Penn State/Notre Dame fan from 2005. He is watching the Penn State-Michigan game, as well as the Notre Dame-USC game. Alcohol is consumed. You can only imagine what ensues.

Hilarity

His tears taste sweet...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not terribly on-topic, but this is a video of a Penn State/Notre Dame fan from 2005. He is watching the Penn State-Michigan game, as well as the Notre Dame-USC game. Alcohol is consumed. You can only imagine what ensues.

Hilarity

His tears taste sweet...

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, this guy is crazy
Old 02-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Sounds like we have some football players in trouble for some sort of drug-related offense. Maybe still on team, maybe not, conflicting information. Important players, supposedly. (We = Michigan)
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like we have some football players in trouble for some sort of drug-related offense. Maybe still on team, maybe not, conflicting information. Important players, supposedly. (We = Michigan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me more plz.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me more plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but remember, these are all crazy unverified rumors from the Internets(TM). Adrian Arrington (#2 WR), Carson Butler (starting TE), and Eugene Germany (DL, probably backup, but talented) are supposedly in trouble for drugs. Rumors saying both that they are off the team and that they aren't and will merely be disciplined (running the stairs at the Big House all spring at 6am is not uncommon, and also horrifying). The law is not involved.

Will update as info comes/is made up.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Still kind of a dead time, but since my Wolverines have decided to be generous and allow someone else a chance to play in the NCAA tournament for like the 20th straight season, I have some free time (plus I've forgone learning this semester).

Since we all love stats in this forum, here's a breakdown of NCAA-wide 3rd down statistics. It gives you some idea of how your team does at a given down and distance vs. the NCAA average, as well as the distribution of it's 3rd down distances. Our (Michigan's) 3rd down and short D in particular was something short of sick. 35% allowed on 3rd and 1, vs. 65% or so for the national average. And people are doubting the power of Alan Branch.

Stats Stats Stats Stats