Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Jamie Gold tells

I apologize if this has been mentioned before but Jamie Gold seems to have some VERY consistent tells in the WSOP broadcast. His talk is very consistently representing his true strength, but he is almost always trying to give off fake tells in his physical actions. In other words:

With a hand: he talks big, acts weak
Without a hand: he claims to be bluffing, yet makes firm actions with his chips and facial patterns.

There are obviously several other tells, including his inability to check the river after the turn checks around. This is all pretty riduculous considering that interview during which he insisted he had no tells whatsoever.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Jamie Gold tells

I noticed one of his main tells. I can tell that he has a Jack in his hand when he flips it over for a second and shows the table.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 AM

haha, nh sir.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With a hand: he talks big, acts weak

[/ QUOTE ]

There were many times where he had a big hand and acted strong. Many times where he told the opponent that he had a big hand, told the opponent that this was not a good time and that he should fold, and wound up inducing a call by a worse hand.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM

I noticed that when Gold had a good hand he would stand up and keep his hands on his cards like he is waiting for his opponents to call so he can flip his cards over. He did this when he put Cunningham all-in with his full house over his two-pair. There were a couple other times he did this.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:23 AM

I noticed another tell of his...

When his lips are moving, that indicates that something annoying and douchbaggish is being said.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There were many times where he had a big hand and acted strong. Many times where he told the opponent that he had a big hand, told the opponent that this was not a good time and that he should fold, and wound up inducing a call by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen most of the coverage that features Gold yet...mainly just the final table with a few other bits thrown in, so I may have missed something.

However, does anyone notice that his actions and mood often don't match his words. He'll say how strong he his but act depressed (saying he's just trying to be nice...etc.) or he'll claim how he got caught bluffing with enthusiasm.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:54 AM

At a very general sense when he talks about his hand he’s strong, when he talks about the players hand he is weak.
“Hey if you’ve got an Jack (top pair) you need to call, just flip it over and win ” When he said crap like this he had squat….
Old 09-28-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is all pretty riduculous considering that interview during which he insisted he had no tells whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of what Gold says is ridiculous. For example, on the Rounders podcast, he said that Norman Chad said that his final table performance was the best in the history of poker, but on the ESPN broadcast Chad basically called him unethical.

Gold is an enormous jerk who got really, really, really lucky. A 12 year old could have crushed that tournament with the hands that Gold was getting. He will go down in poker history as just another Varkonyi, but without Varkonyi's redeemimg quality of being a decent person.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At a very general sense when he talks about his hand he’s strong, when he talks about the players hand he is weak.
“Hey if you’ve got an Jack (top pair) you need to call, just flip it over and win ” When he said crap like this he had squat….

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the final hand.