Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Simple TPTK hand.

wow, well cheese monster is delegator on stars if that means anything to you. he is batshit crazy but seems to win a lot of big tournaments.

holla@yoboy brought up a hand in aruba involving delegator in the wcoop main event. my advice to him was the smae as it would be here, pretty much never ever fold to him.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call flop raise, call turn, call river bet. Bet if checked to on the river.

maybe i'm a spewy donk donator retard? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

the offer stands

HU @ any stakes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

please feel free to exploit me
Old 10-13-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Baltosar = FortunaMaximus?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, Fortuna was never condescending. If anyone, it'd be FGators [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Balto, if all you're going to do is troll established posters when they try to tell you your wrong for posting advice contrary to what every respected player here thinks and call people retards then you force my hand towards a ban stick. It's okay to be wrong sometimes, and if you relaxed with the know it all attitude you'd probably learn a lot here.

Don't make me get the stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this shows is that you aren't very good at the job of moderator.

If you review my posts in the last couple weeks (when all this controversy began), you will see that I consistently offerred my opinions on hands in a well-thought-out detailed manner, including follow-ups to questions posed by others. I additionally offerred strategic ideas for approaching today's MTT game

What I received was instant abuse, from a lot of people, including yourself I believe. Abuse of the one-line variety, primarily intended to have a laugh, with a clear implication that because some of you have some results you must know what you're talking about.

I provided further elaboration and support for my positions, and challenged others to provide logic for why they thought I was wrong and they right. Very very few accepted that challenge. Most continued to offer abuse of the one-line variety.

The truth about these boards is that most on here do not think very deeply about their game. They can't really explain why they do what they do because they don't really understand it. And this opens their risk window wide-up as online MTTs continue to evolve.

The problem with gambling is that a success can come in $ amounts far greater than most in the professional world enjoy and these sums breed ego and arrogance.

However, as is the case in all true professions, those who don't really know what they are doing are ultimately exposed and ruined. You can see this most poignantly in the markets where the impossibly-sized egos and greed of some lead to leveraging and extrapolating flawed mechanisms to the ultimate precipice where logic is of no value at all.

I think that many, if not most, of you are very young. Most probably you've never been spat out by life. That does not mean it will not happen. The markets spit out everyone eventually. And poker does as well. Those who survive it a few times learn to constantly question themselves at every level -- a skill I don't think very many of you possess.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:50 AM

get out the stick, bond.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM

What hand is he representing, guys? I think this is a pretty easy call down of someone who appears to be sizing his bets for maximum pressure, not maximum value.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM

I don't know the villain although his name sounds familiar, but when he pots that turn he pretty much always has 222 i think.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know the villain although his name sounds familiar, but when he pots that turn he pretty much always has 222 i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the hand I am worried about, obviously, but I guess we interpret the pot-size bet differently. There's really no reason to pot it unless he's trying to push Gobbo off the hand without using his whole stack, or if he thinks doing so will level Gobbo, which I guess is possible.

That's all possible, but it's also weighed against villains who do this with air knowing that a player as good as Gobbo will have a hard time calling with anything less then AK+, or who have Ax and still play it like it's the nuts.

This is a really difficult spot that comes up quite a bit, but the bottom line for me is that there's pretty much ONE hand I'm worried significantly about, and even with that hand I think he'd be more inclined to punch in 700 or something on the turn, or go for the check/raise on a relatively dry board, then bet pot.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:24 AM

I think in todays games you can eliminate a worse ace from villain's range close to 90% of the time

So that said, I prob fold the turn. People tend to take these lines to throw up a flag and cause the player with AQ to feel awkward and sense that something isnt up so they can stack off.

Because I mean, think about it.... if villain checkraises and then proceeds to lead 1/2 to 2/3 pot again, I think in villain's eyes thats an even scarier line. So they will say to themselves "How can I get the most from AK/AQ" and promptly decide the best course of action is to play the hand in a manner that is weird (instapot) and betsizing that is weird (pot).

When people do these things (I am guilty of it as well) the idea is for the opponent to see the betting size and timing and have something in the back of their heads say "something is not right here", and hopefully have that lead to "if i think something isnt right, it must mean i'm ahead". when in reality its the other way around.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Clayton, there is a lot of what you describe at work here. The problem for me is that when you get back to just basic hand reading it seems villain really likely only has one hand to be doing this with. If I had TT on a 479r board or something I would have a lot easier time folding.