BPS,

Ghey.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

BPS,

Owned.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Ugh that does sound pretty gay, I was just trying to make fun of slickpoppa. Note to self: become funny.

edit: to add some value and be less gay, make sure you do tons of squats FFK. Girls who learn to squat heavy and correctly have the hottest asses ever.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh that does sound pretty gay, I was just trying to make fun of slickpoppa. Note to self: become funny.

edit: to add some value and be less gay, make sure you do tons of squats FFK. Girls who learn to squat heavy and correctly have the hottest asses ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. A girl can have quite muscular legs and still look very curvy and feminine. I'm a fan of uneven development on women that way. Real strong or well-developed legs can still look plenty subtle as long as you're not flexing or getting a crazy low bodyweight, but shoulders with much bulk at all in them start looking really far from the norm on women and pretty jarring and masculine. Much smaller margin of error with the upper body than the lower.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make sure you do tons of squats FFK. Girls who learn to squat heavy and correctly have the hottest asses ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deadlifts too, works your hams/glutes and your back. A girl with a nice toned back gets bonus points.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:41 AM

FFK,

Take photos.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 PM

OK, so I really liked Sanfu'd's idea about resistance bands because they seem very versatile, space-friendly, and not too difficult to figure out.

I'm thinking of ordering these. They have very light, light, medium, heavy, and ultra heavy, and I was thinking of getting medium. There is no specific weight resistance in the description though, so I'm sort of shooting in the dark. What do you guys think?

I have a general idea of some things to do with these once I get them but if anyone has any suggestions (that have not already been mentioned), I would love to hear them.

Thremp, when you say "take pictures," I'm assuming you mean before and after pictures? This sounds really scary because if I fail then I'll just have a crappy photo of myself reminding me of how bad I suck. But I guess you're right and I'll be glad I did it.

I have a random question about breakfast: for years, and through previous weight loss periods (maintained, TYVM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), I have never eaten breakfast. Now I'm reading everywhere that you wake up your metabolism by eating breakfast and actually burn more calories throughout the morning. Is this true? It sounds like it could be, but it also sounds like it could also be one of those voodoo dieting claims that surfaces depending on the current weight loss fad.

Thanks for everyones advice so far. I haven't posted a lot but I am reading every reply and ruminating over every idea I've gotten.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM

FFK,

Whatever you do, eat breakfast.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Agreed. If you don't eat breakfast, your body is going to eat at the muscles you build, which makes it easier to be fat. Plus, your energy level won't be what it should.

A lot of people are just too lazy to get up early enough to make breakfast, and others think it has to be something full of super heavy and super sugary foods. You can have a healthier breakfast than that, and one that won't weight you down. Try a chicken breast sandwich or a skinless drumstick with half a potato, and a piece of fruit. You can make the chicken the night before, and make a week's worth at a time and stick it in the fridge, so the time constraints involved in preparation in the morning can be virtually zero. You can wolf the chicken and carb down in a couple minutes and take the fruit on the road. It will do a lot to stabilize your blood sugar level and help prevent you from crashing down hard after lunch, which can happen when that's your first meal of the day.

Also, it will eliminate a lot of the temptation to snack on the incredibly unhealthy pastries and candy I see people gobbling up constantly in offices. Those calories add up fast.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM

Blarg,

All of that makes a lot of sense and you have some great suggestions. But here's the thing: I don't crash after lunch, my energy level is fine, and I do not ever feel the need to snack. So I guess the main value for me would be to not errode muscle and to "wake up" my metabolism in the morning instead of at lunch time, if that indeed is a result.

Lately I've been trying to have a 50 calorie string cheese for breakfast - is that not enough or will this do the trick?