Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Early UFC 74/75 Lines

DO, that's a real stretch of analogy and I find it odd that you would try to compare steroid use with some weird contrived murder scene story.

There's no evidence of Sherk having any communication with a doctor or company that has been involved in steroid-related investigations. There's no "smoking needle" with his fingerprints all over it.

To answer your question...yes, I would feel sympathy for you if there was evidence that you didn't commit the murder. You'd still be going to jail for a variety of other reasons though, which I would not feel sorry about.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
igetbadbeat,

I find myself at a murder scene one night. I just randomly walk up to it.

I proceed to step in the blood carelessly without realizing it and leave tracks all around.

I touch the corspe to see what's going on and leave fingerprints. I stick around bc i want to see the police come. I pick up the murder weapon and examine it to see if i can figure out how it went down, because death excites me.

I prank call the family and tell them "I killed your Family Member loool" because i'm a jerkoff and i think it is funny.

Not suprisingly, i am arrested when the cops get there, and found guilty the next month in a speedy trial.

Do you have sympathy for me? I'm completely innocent after all.

Surely you can see my point... If not then you probably never will and I'm the one who is flabbergasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. You have no sympathy beceause you have no imagination. The scenario you created is so outlandish so you have no sympathy for the person. However there are people so stupid to do what you just said and they should not be sent to jail for the rest of their life. Sherk's case on the otherhand is much more gray and what sherk MAY HAVE POSSIBLY done is not nearly as foolish as the case you stated. I'm not going to continue to respond to you though because it's obvious you are set to your view and I don't beleive in calling other people idiots. Sympathy or not, if he's not guilty, he should be let off the hook.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DO, that's a real stretch of analogy and I find it odd that you would try to compare steroid use with some weird contrived murder scene story.

There's no evidence of Sherk having any communication with a doctor or company that has been involved in steroid-related investigations. There's no "smoking needle" with his fingerprints all over it.

To answer your question...yes, I would feel sympathy for you if there was evidence that you didn't commit the murder. You'd still be going to jail for a variety of other reasons though, which I would not feel sorry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because you are at least partially reasonable and logical. It only takes a minimal amount of both to understand that IF sherk isn't guilty, he shouldn't be in trouble. Some people dont' get that. Propoganda is very powerful for the weakminded and people don't realize the biases they grew up with because of the paradigm that popular culture helped create. Whenever you start beleiving something without knowing why, and then act upon it, you risk being a bigot. One of my goals in life is to not be such, apparently very few people share that in common with me.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:23 AM

igetbadbeat,

I've never said that sherk should be in trouble if he isn't guilty. All i've EVER said is that i don't feel sorry for him. And i also havent drooped to the level of name-calling, as you have. According to you, I

am not even partially reasonable or logical

believe propaganda (wtf? where did propaganda come from?)

am weakminded

biased

a bigot

have no imagination

I would let you know that I'm doing alright in the logical skills department, and that your reading comprehension failed you when you read my last post. I have never said half of the things you accuse me of saying (such as: If sherk is guilty, he should still be punished. You imply that i believe this and i've never even hinted at that.) I've only said that i have no personal sympathy for him in his current situation, which maybe amounts to me being an unsympathetic person overall. If we are going to trade insults, i'd suggest that you could enroll in a community program to improve reading comprehension. It would really help you out, understanding that sympathy and punitive actions are, in fact, not the same thing.

My belief is that Sherk took a risk when he decided to ingest 22 supplements. The risk is a fact, and undebateable. It's a documented medical phenomenon. If he didn't know the risk existed, his fault. If he didn't realize it could set off what it did, his fault. I believe he should know all of this before he puts anything into his body. I have never said that he deserves his year of suspension (maybe yes, maybe no, not related to what i am saying), i have only said that i feel no sympathy for him personally. I fail to see my error in logic. Maybe i'm cold-hearted because i feel he should be more careful with his body, but illogical i am not.

You've gotten the honor of being the first person in 3000+ posts i've put on ignore. Good job with that. Consistently misreading over several posts and then resulting to petty insults that have no bearing on the subject, such as 'bigot' and 'propaganda' will do that. Have a nice life.

Danny
Old 08-06-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when he decided to ingest 22 supplements. The risk is a fact, and undebateable. It's a documented medical phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?!?!?!?!

I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect that my whey protein powder, creatine, and multivitamins do not contain nandrolone. Unless you can list his specific supplements and have knowledge of all of them, I think you're making some big assumptions here.

FWIW, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that Sherk used roids. But, it doesn't work like that, there's a legal process and a burden of proof and what not. I also don't know anything about natural versus artificial levels of Nandrolone. I am only debating the supplements = risk part of the argument.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 AM

this is far and away the worst mma thread in the entire history of 2+2's sports betting forum, congratulations Danny Ocean, igetbadbeat, slickpoppa, and thremp