Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Default AK TPTK and NFD RR pot

Early is session no no reads. I still dont know if checking these flops is std or what.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $185
UTG+1: $198.55
MP1: $184.85
MP2: $349.90
MP3: $200
CO: $106.20
Button: $213.80
Hero: $199
BB: $200

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to $10</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $30</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($64, 2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($64, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $45</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises all-in $319.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $124</font>.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: AK TPTK and NFD RR pot

I think you're getting 224:124 or 1.8 to 1 on a turn call here. Flop check and turn bet are obv. good, but I'm not quite sure why you called the push without reads.

You don't have odds to draw out and it's unlikely he's bluffing or pushing with a hand you beat...What was your thought process here?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're getting 224:124 or 1.8 to 1 on a turn call here. Flop check and turn bet are obv. good, but I'm not quite sure why you called the push without reads.

You don't have odds to draw out and it's unlikely he's bluffing or pushing with a hand you beat...What was your thought process here?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG i have TP and NFD in a RR pot and he can shove pair+ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draws here?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:13 PM

Not leading that flop is criminal. All of your equity is here, and my goal every time I flop TPTK + nut flush draw is to push.

On the turn consider yourself to have TPTK and nothing more. You couldn't call that shove with AcKs, so don't do it with AdKs.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn consider yourself to have TPTK and nothing more. You couldn't call that shove with AcKs, so don't do it with AdKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] makes lots of pair+diamond draws have 5 outs and not half the deck or whatever. AcKs is an obv fold for that reason- even if ahead villain has lots of equity vs us.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:20 PM

Given stacks/no reads I'm going all the way with this hand. However, I do bet the flop because:

(i) If I am up against KK/AA (or less likely 66/33) then I want to escalate all-in here where I still have equity.

(ii) If the turn comes a Diamond then it kills pretty much any action except trips calling perhaps $30 for the boat.

(iii) It's hard to put opp on made flush given A/K accounted for and the pre-flop action

(iv) I want to bet the flop here with QsQc so I need to do it with a hand like this.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not leading that flop is criminal. All of your equity is here, and my goal every time I flop TPTK + nut flush draw is to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when you're leading the flop, which hand that hasnt got you beat do you expect to get action from?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 PM

You don't have close to half the deck here.

So many players fall into this trap. Just because you have TPTK + NFD on the flop ( a monster ), doesn't mean you have a super hand on the turn. It's not a monster and it gets a lot of people to make bad calls with bad odds when they know they are behind.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Open push flop or bet around $48. The first might get looked up more than the second IMO by something like QdQx or JdJx rather than trying to get money out of them on two streets.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:29 PM

Without reads at this level, a looseish villian could easily have KQ/AK/AJ/99+. If there hand contains a diamond then they might easily raise/call here. AK might raise anyway.