Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Value raise 1 card full house?

I used to have a big leak in my game that I wouldn't value bet or raise the river nearly often enough. I'm working on fixing it but I'm wondering if I'm wrong in this situation.

2-3-5 spread limit 5-200. I have $400 villain has me covered.

Villain is not a very experienced or good player, and is fairly aggressive. He somewhat frequently bluffs with huge bets. I already called him once for $100 on a 4 flush board with just a pair of aces which were good, but he has bluffed big a few more times since then, and also run very good, betting his big hands big and getting called so he's way up.

5 players, villain limps cutoff I raise to $20 with A7o from button, BB and villain call.

Pot $58, flop 7d 7c 2c. BB checks, Villain bets $25, I call, BB folds.

Pot $108 Turn 9c. Villain checks I check.

Pot $108 River 2s, Board 77292 3 clubs, I have A7. Villain leads out $50. Do you raise?

I minraised $50, he reraised $100. I thought for a while and called, and he had me beat.

Previously I would just instacall my full house, but as part of my program of trying to extract maximum value from bad players I'm betting and raising more in spots like this. Against a player I know is real good I'd still just call, but I thought this guy was kind of stupid.

I figure he'd often have a flush or maybe a 2 and sometimes be stupid enough to pay off my raise. And if he has a 7 it's no big deal. Unfortunately I have to net that against 22, 99, and 97, which in this case I paid off fairly big.

I know this is heavily dependent on player reads so I tried to be specific in that area, Thoughts?